• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ground Loading Trailer

And all I do is sit at home reading the Brethren post... Some people use their time more wisely. That is awesome!!!

I've had experience with ground loading trailers albeit not that brand. There are a couple of manufactures who offer a tandem axle trailer that cantilevers the deck back a couple inches then drops to ground level. They handled electric scissor lifts quite well that were in the 3000lb range. That design appears to require disconnecting from the tow vehicle, which isn't a big deal other than potentially if you weren't on a level site.

I thought about the hill part. My main concern is at a contest. You never really know how the lay of the land will be. Being a flat-lander, I'd have no difficulty with this in my driveway. I can solve moving it with a wheeled front jack or even an unwheeled jack that I could use the Jambo dolly on. Could likely do that without relocating the spare tire. My brother (the motorcycle enthusiast) says that the trailer sounds a bit flimsy in the video. I'm thinking about this for toting a shortened FEC100 and a pellet grill.

I have used a winch mounted to a trailer to load and unload my smokers. Works really well and you can get inexpensive ones for Harbor Freight that work pretty well.

I have used a winch mounted to a trailer to load and unload my smokers. Works really well and you can get inexpensive ones for Harbor Freight that work pretty well.

Right now, I am trailerless...so a winch won't help!

That looks like a good idea, but with a metal floor why unload it? I understand you will have two, but I would leave the bigger one on the trailer and unload the smaller one. I really go cheap, I rent a u-haul trailer ($19) for the comps. I have to unload it, but it would take a ton of comps before it costs as much as buying one...

Back