Quick weeknight Kielbasa dinner invention

Midnight Goat

Knows what a fatty is.
Got home from work last night to barely any food in the house. Been on a low carb kick so none of the bread, pasta, and other delicious carbs my wife keeps stocked would do. We did have some kielbasa though and figured I could whip something up and let it smoke for an hour. My inspiration was the amazing pork shots I had previously made but I had no real bacon on hand and didn't feel like doing much prep work. So I simply cut the kielbasa into 3 (straight more or less) pieces and slit them open about 3/4 of the way, stuffed them with cream cheese and chives, and then wrapped in the turkey bacon. Smoked them for about an hour or so with hickory (would really have liked to use mesquite or something heavier but didnt have any on hand) and dug in. They came out damn good for a relatively quick week night meal! Definitely not as good as real bacon and wish I could have given it more time on the smoker (or used a heavier smoke wood) but not bad at all! Sometimes its nice to have an option you can just throw together in a small amount of time and still enjoy some of that smokey goodness. The pics aint all that pretty but hope you enjoy anyway!

Attachments

• IMAG1859.jpg
    IMAG1859.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG1860.jpg
    IMAG1860.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMAG1861.jpg
    IMAG1861.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMAG1863.jpg
    IMAG1863.jpg