Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Congrats! The wait was a killer for me.

If you are going to get a cover for it, they have long lead times as well.

Post pics when you get it, you may be the first to order one...
I think I have watched the video from there website 1000 times already my comp season starts in March and I think the mini will be what I have been missing

Having read all 46 pages a number of times I want to thank everyone for the input. I ordered my LSG vertical in Nov. and it was mainly based on the Brethren's forum. A special thanks to Mike and Cathy who took the time to answer some of my silly questions.
The ordering process was incredible with both Chris and Amber spending tons of time with me on the phone.
So now the learning curve begins and hopefully it will be made much easier by your posts.
Thank you everyone.....

Having read all 46 pages a number of times I want to thank everyone for the input. I ordered my LSG vertical in Nov. and it was mainly based on the Brethren's forum. A special thanks to Mike and Cathy who took the time to answer some of my silly questions.
The ordering process was incredible with both Chris and Amber spending tons of time with me on the phone.
So now the learning curve begins and hopefully it will be made much easier by your posts.
Thank you everyone.....

Congrats...you will love the smoker. If you need pointers don't hesitate to ask here.

Pulled the trigger on a mini today. I look forward to cooking, learning, and sharing with everyone here in 8-9 long weeks.

I can't wait to see the mini in real life. Thanks for the picture of the diverters whomever sent it. One piece, nice. Any noticeable differences in how it works with the diverters?

Do any of your haul your cabinets around? How do you do it?

I saw the one trailer-mounted on Facebook, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I don't have anywhere to keep an enclosed trailer, but it would be nice to get a cabinet out of the back yard.

I keep hemming and hawing, going back and forth between a LSG insulated cabinet and a trailer offset. The cabinet would be better by far for home cooking, but I'd like to get into cooking parties, charity events, and maybe comps, so I just can't decide what would better suit my needs. I have experience with charcoal and stick burners and like them both, so that's not a deciding factor for me.

Do any of your haul your cabinets around? How do you do it?

I saw the one trailer-mounted on Facebook, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I don't have anywhere to keep an enclosed trailer, but it would be nice to get a cabinet out of the back yard.

I keep hemming and hawing, going back and forth between a LSG insulated cabinet and a trailer offset. The cabinet would be better by far for home cooking, but I'd like to get into cooking parties, charity events, and maybe comps, so I just can't decide what would better suit my needs. I have experience with charcoal and stick burners and like them both, so that's not a deciding factor for me.

I think you would need some bigger tires not casters to even attempt to roll it around the yard. Casters are only for smooth surfaces. Mine weighs half of the LSG and there is no way I could get it thru my yard. I know some use plywood or boards and roll it thru the yard.

I was going to mount mine( when it gets here) on a trailer but looking ay myron mixon smokers I'm going to have a set up like that but use pneumatic tires. Then roll it on a trailer when I need to haul it.

Jan 2015: LSG Vertical Smoker on the way

We now have a group of 8 of us who either have or have ordered a Lone Star Grillz Insulated Vertical Smoker.
Anybody else who finds this thread and has ordered one of these smokers should leave me a private message if they are interested in joining the group and sharing ideas.
Mine had the folding table installed 2 days ago and went to the paint room yesterday. Should ship next week. Can't wait.

I ordered my smoker last October. I got an email Jan 1, 2015 that the smoker is now in "build phase". Can't wait for the delivery. Delivery to Round Rock shouldn't take too long. I have enjoyed reading all the tips posted on this thread. I ordered the heat deflector, so I will let you know how it works. It is an add on so existing owners can add it at any time.. . . . . JR

Just got an email from amber that my smoker was is fabrication phase and should be ready sometime next week. Best news I have had in a while.

Mines at the paint booth.

Getting antsy.

It seems like time has stopped since I ordered it.

Hello All,
Well after adriming the lonestar vertical insulated smoker and being an unoffical member of this thead since the begining, today I met with Chris and his wife and pulled the trigger. They are great people to deal with and their products or top notch. I was very impressed. Now the wiating begins. Also thanks to all who posted here. Plenty of very informative Info Here. Thanks

How are you guys getting the smoker on a trailer to take to comps? I am supposed to get mine by the end of this week or next week. I am curios how hard it will be to load back up onto a trailer. I thought my Dad was going to pick it up for me, but he backed out on me. Now it is going to be shipped to my house. Thanks.

Well, after already spending $80 on 2 bulkhead adapters for my bbq guru, I wasn't all that happy about having to buy another $35 ball valve adapter for this bad boy. So, I had a leftover 2 " cap around from another project I did, so I decided to modify it to see if I could make my own adapter. It went surprisingly well. I have had a guru for a few years now and get tired of paying so much for adapters and probes from them. I recently built a smoker for my cousin, and he only had a 10 cfm fan. They want $105 for the larger fan. That is crazy. I ordered a way larger cfm fan off eBay and made another shroud out of a piece of a 55 gallon drum for $ 13. Anyway, here is the adapter, now I just need the smoker to put it on.

Attachments

• 20150201_164738.jpg
    20150201_164738.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 439
  • 20150202_131359.jpg
    20150202_131359.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 438
  • 20150202_132409.jpg
    20150202_132409.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 20150202_141304.jpg
    20150202_141304.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 443
Well, after already spending $80 on 2 bulkhead adapters for my bbq guru, I wasn't all that happy about having to buy another $35 ball valve adapter for this bad boy. So, I had a leftover 2 " cap around from another project I did, so I decided to modify it to see if I could make my own adapter. It went surprisingly well. I have had a guru for a few years now and get tired of paying so much for adapters and probes from them. I recently built a smoker for my cousin, and he only had a 10 cfm fan. They want $105 for the larger fan. That is crazy. I ordered a way larger cfm fan off eBay and made another shroud out of a piece of a 55 gallon drum for $ 13. Anyway, here is the adapter, now I just need the smoker to put it on.

Great fabrication! I really like little projects like this. I always try to make something work on my cookers on my own before I resort to "paying retail".

Back