• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The June 8th - June 14th Throwdown Will Be...

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
Earlybarbecue.jpg

...the "Around The World" Throwdown. No, this doesn't mean you have to cook on a Hibachi or barbecue a yak. :biggrin: It just means that traditional American* barbecued or grilled foods are out, and foreign seasonings or techniques, and recipes are in. If you are going to have some sides, this applies to them too.

*American refers to the contiguous United States, so Hawaiian barbecue or grilled fare is allowed. And I suppose if you want to grill a caribou steak, or some wild Alaskan salmon, that would be okay too.

Hmmm...interesting...one is the topic...and two is that you're posting it...is bigabyte taking a break?

Hmmm...interesting...one is the topic...and two is that you're posting it...is bigabyte taking a break?

No, I won the Chicken Throwdown and get to pick the one that follows the Taco Throwdown. Chris will post the official entry thread, with the rules and all that......so just so there is no confusion here

DON'T POST PHOTOGRAPHS HERE ----- I'm just giving y'all a heads up on the category. And me a chance to field questions.

and if you live out of the contiguous states, you have to make american food?

Hmmm...(again)...I'm feeling an Oriental itch coming on...:lol::lol::lol:

I have my recipe already...it includes...

Copper River Salmon...
Sake...
Soy Sauce...
Ginger...
Garlic...
Brown Sugar...
Lemon...

I haven't made this recipe in years...it's awesome! :p Thanks for jarring my memory Wayne! :biggrin:

Gotta go club me a baby seal! Or maybe I can call my Makah brothers and get some Gray Whale-oh yeah it sank! Oh well Primal Grill reruns are getting recorded so Steven Raichlen will get the juices pumpin'!

Wayne, makin us think about a little different bbq? I like it. Don't have a clue what to do but makes me research other cusines and branch out. Nice pre-throwdown heads-up. I'm good with it.

Its gonna be great- I'm sick of the 4 meats! (never thought I'd say that!)

hmmmmm gotta bear roast in the freezer.... gotta see what other vittles i have stored in the icehouse....lol

Wayne, makin us think about a little different bbq? I like it. Don't have a clue what to do but makes me research other cusines and branch out. Nice pre-throwdown heads-up. I'm good with it.

Its gonna be great- I'm sick of the 4 meats! (never thought I'd say that!)

hmmmmm gotta bear roast in the freezer.... gotta see what other vittles i have stored in the icehouse....lol

Well I'm not suggesting that we have to go exotic as far as meats or anything else goes. If you decide to go with meat, things like German Sausage, Korean style ribs, even a steak with Argentine Chimichurri sauce are all legal. I think just about every country does something with chicken. Chili would actually be legal too as would a paella or Irish stew as long as it's prepared on your cooker.

Back