Per cowgirl I rubbed the butt with..,

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
....bacon grease. A smallish 7# Boston Butt that was first seasoned with Sucklebusters Steak rub. I allowed that to sit a while, then rubbed the butt with bacon grease. Really shiny and pretty. I then hit a second layer of rub using John Henry Pecan rub. First rub has nearly zero sugar. JH rub sugar is listed first.
Cowboy lump lit with a Weber cube and a beer can total of a blend of smoking chunks hickory-mesquite and pecan.

Last edited:
That sounds good. Bacon grease was the only oil my willowy great grandmother cooked with and she lived to be 94.

That pecan rub sounds real good too. Found a nearby grill specialty shop that carries it, so that went on the shopping list. Thanks for sharing.

Well I went diving into the rub closet and no John Henry cherry. I'm trying to work my way through an overstock situation:)). But I will try it. Eventually. Here's the butt at 1:45. Dome in the PrimoXL settled in at 260 or so.

Last edited:
Awesome looking cook.

I just save some bacon grease today and was wondering about doing that. Now I will do.

I need new glasses or my mind has been influenced by political commentary. I first read this post and thought it was true pron...rubbing cowgirls butt with bacon grease seemed rather unlikely....but that is how I thought this thread started....sleep deprivation may have played a part as well.

A beautiful butt slathered in bacon grease... life is good!

Three words .......”Baby oh BABY....woof”...maybe four...hell i can’t count after those pics!!.....great looking eats!!

Back