Roast Pork Sandwich philly style

mattmountz94

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Had a pork loin in the freezer and wasn't sure what I wanted to make. I have always wanted to recreate a pork sandwich from philly so went for it. Got the kettle ready and ran it at 350. I seasoned the loin with salt and pepper then oil and garlic.. lots of garlic.

Cooked till 155 IT. Garlic heaven

While that was going got some broccoli rabe ready. Chopped into bite size pieces. Plan was to cook then sauté with garlic and pepper flakes

I boiled the rabe for 4minutes till tender then drained well. Then took 1/4cup olive oil , 1/2ts red pepper flakes and a few cloves of garlic and sautéed for a few minutes. Added the cooked rabe and cooked till the flavors married maybe 5mins. Next was the cheese. Some real good sharp cheddar
Everything ready

Then I went to bed... Wife made me eat fish for dinner. So this morning I made my sandwich. Wow. I have made some awesome sandwiches in my day but this was perfect. Will be on my list in the future. Would also be good for parties as I ate it cold.

If you keep this up The Sandwich King from Food Network will be looking for a new job. Nice cook, did you pan the pork loin the entire cook?

That's a beautiful sandwich Matt!

I think I'd be with your Misses on this...

If you have never tried it before, toss some brocolini with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Grill over high heat. It's a side that kind of reminds me of the rabe topping with a little more substance as a stand alone side dish. It's really good with a char of a grill.

Back