Reaction score
We love it!

i4ec6p.jpg

2s8jwae.jpg

2v91wld.jpg

wjfj81.jpg

fn5vg0.jpg

I don't see it mentioned much.

All the time, and pretty much just like you did it. I'm actually doing something different tonight. I'm cubing one up to make some hot link sausages. We will see how they turn out.

That's lovely right there. Nice job!!

I love it Mike. Too funny because I mentioned it in another thread today.

Recent one was at a steak house

Z6ISESih.jpg

Still have the taste in my mouth so.... Just came back from the store with these

E1h5qL2h.jpg

Our local Fry's markets used to have cooking demo's years ago. They were cooking flat iron steaks and the chef told me to stock up as the prices are going to climb once people find this cut. I used to buy it for 2.99, now I stock up if I see under 6 bucks a lb. There are 8 packages in the freezer right now cause they were on sale for 5.99lb. Love them

I'll have to give it another go. I saw a seasoned one at Costco a while back and gave it a shot. I wasn't impressed at all......

The photos I see of them from time to time look great, and I hear good things about them. I musta got a bad un.

One of my favorite cuts!!!! Kroger locally has them at $5.99 per pound retail, and they run sales at $4.99 per pound. What I really like is it is almost 100% usable meat. Occasionally you need to trim a little on one side, but not very much.

I use salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook over very high heat about 3 to 4 minutes per side depending on size. Get a really good sear and slice thin against the grain like a flank steak. Best steak tacos ever!!!!

I'll have to give it another go. I saw a seasoned one at Costco a while back and gave it a shot. I wasn't impressed at all......

AS much as I love Costco, I am not impressed with their meats. Their meats look fantastic, but they really lack flavor and texture. To me Costco meat tastes and feels (in my mouth) like cooked cardboard. Too bad, because I love Costco.

Maybe because their meat is factory farm meat. I don't know...

AS much as I love Costco, I am not impressed with their meats. Their meats look fantastic, but they really lack flavor and texture. To me Costco meat tastes and feels (in my mouth) like cooked cardboard. Too bad, because I love Costco.

Maybe because their meat is factory farm meat. I don't know...

There is a new Super Kroger opening here soon so we too are looking forward to better quality beef.

Thats a darn good lookin steak Mike! I've never cooked a flat iron steak before but it looks like i should give it a shot! :thumb:

Back