• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Charcuterie Thread

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been seeing more and more charcuterie type threads around, especially since Richard showed up on the scene. :becky: I was looking for a thread that we could post charcuterie related pics if you didn't feel it was suitable for a full thread in Q Talk.......or even if you did.

I did a search and there was something similar in the past, but it had not been updated in 1,000+ days and wouldn't let me revive it, so I thought I would kick off a new one and see if it can stay alive for a bit. I think some of the charcuterie pics are fantastic and would like to see more. I know I miss a ton of post just due to the volume around here.

Anyhow, I had a coppa that I just cut into a couple of days ago. I was really happy with how it came out. Just K. salt, black pepper, cayenne......hung in the chamber until it hit 35% weight loss. Very please with it and I loved the look of it.

Lets see your pics

Nice looking coppa! Picking up the pork to start my own tomorrow. Will add results about 30 days from now :)

What is this wizardry?! It looks amazing!

Seriously though...I'm uneducated about this kind of food. Those fat lines seem excessive. Is it even tasty? Or just really fatty like eating a piece of cold brisket fat?

Oh man that wasn't fair!
I saw that first pic and just started drooling.

What is this wizardry?! It looks amazing!

Seriously though...I'm uneducated about this kind of food. Those fat lines seem excessive. Is it even tasty? Or just really fatty like eating a piece of cold brisket fat?

The fat almost literally melts in your mouth on a lot of this stuff. Delicious!

Oh you farkers are KILLING me!!

It all looks so good.
Charcuterie is totally a bucket list thing for me.

I don't know why I don't just dive in and try it.
It just seems so intimidating.

Yeah, here's one more thing I need to try. I already make my own sausage, but I've not yet tried dry curing meats like Copa or Pancetta. Nice job everyone :clap2:

Back