Cooking & NOT Cooking this Weekend

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
Mothers Day is Sunday, so I'll be cooking some of my MIL's favorites. Barbecued chicken wings and thighs and either some short ribs or a chuck roast cooked "Joe Style". A side of cream corn or the barbecued cabbage and a big salad of some sort. I'm also trying out a new recipe for cheese scones, and since they are from scratch I may have to sit back and supervise Mrs. t :rolleyes:

There are some things I will NOT be cooking. Why? Well here is a little reminder.... On Saturday May 12th my letter carrier (and yours too) will be picking up donations of non-perishable foods like any canned items, rice, cereal, pasta or juices. (NO glass containers).

It's called the Letter Carriers Food Drive. It's EASY.....Just set a bag or two near your mailbox on Saturday.

I may even surprise my mailman with a brat and a Pepsi. And maybe a couple of Motrin.

Sunday is my boy's 5th Birthday party (yesterday was the real day). I'm doing pork butts and homemade ice cream (of course! :p). Bill, you coming down?

Since she is going to be out of town to visit her Mother, I think I will just do a couple o racks of ribs. Fatty, Chuck Roast, Grill some burgees, smoke a meatloaf and just about every other hunk o meat in the freezer. I love being left alone with no honey-dos.

Back