Best Q joint in Atlanta?

noles2g

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Breathren,
Just looking for some recs on where to grab some Q, pack in a cooler to eat at a tailgate this coming fall. I come to the authority and await the suggestions. Thanks to all ahead of time for any ideas!

I have my eyes on Foggy Bottom BBQ when I visit the in-laws in Monroe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have my eyes on Foggy Bottom BBQ when I visit the in-laws in Monroe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes check them out :-D! Foggy Bottom is going 3yrs strong. A buddy of mine actually left his day job (His team name was Foggy Bottom) to buy and open this place and I quit my job to be the pitmaster because I knew he needed one to run the kitchen so I left my safe 9-5 on a whim to do something I'd never have another chance to do in this scenario. Thread on that here lol. Still some pics in there that Photobucket hasn't axed yet.

Was an awesome experience, but I got pulled back into the standard business world after a year and they were on their feet :crazy:. They are truly amazing people that run that place. Stacy (Owner) and Philip (GM) are awesome. They supply me with food donations when we do charity cooks and they support the Loganville/Monroe community. Last time i was there I had their brisket and it was still on point. A little outside smack downtown ATL.

The deep fried cajun ribs are pimp :becky:.

Also I've only had Fox Bros once as it was catered, but was solid. Heirloom I haven't had, but want to go since they have a cool Korean spin on some of the items since the owners wife is Korean. DBA is also supposed to be good.

Oddly in all my years here in ATL since I started cooking I haven't ventured out much :loco:

What part of town? Fox Brothers is solid. They're listed in the '28 Best Barbeque Places in the US' list someone just posted, for whatever that's worth.

I like Community Barbeque just outside Decatur as well. A few other places around town that are pretty good but nothing I'd drive across town for. I've heard good things about B's Crackling BBQ but haven't been there personally yet.

Fat Matts in Atlanta has some great ribs, Slopes in Roswell is good, also.

Yes check them out :-D! Foggy Bottom is going 3yrs strong. A buddy of mine actually left his day job (His team name was Foggy Bottom) to buy and open this place and I quit my job to be the pitmaster because I knew he needed one to run the kitchen so I left my safe 9-5 on a whim to do something I'd never have another chance to do in this scenario.

Nice! What kind of pit did you work in?

Fox Bros.

Are you going to watch the nerds & noles play in the dump know as Bobby dodd?

Yes check them out :-D! Foggy Bottom is going 3yrs strong. A buddy of mine actually left his day job (His team name was Foggy Bottom) to buy and open this place and I quit my job to be the pitmaster because I knew he needed one to run the kitchen so I left my safe 9-5 on a whim to do something I'd never have another chance to do in this scenario. Thread on that here lol. Still some pics in there that Photobucket hasn't axed yet.

Was an awesome experience, but I got pulled back into the standard business world after a year and they were on their feet :crazy:. They are truly amazing people that run that place. Stacy (Owner) and Philip (GM) are awesome. They supply me with food donations when we do charity cooks and they support the Loganville/Monroe community. Last time i was there I had their brisket and it was still on point. A little outside smack downtown ATL.

The deep fried cajun ribs are pimp :becky:.

Also I've only had Fox Bros once as it was catered, but was solid. Heirloom I haven't had, but want to go since they have a cool Korean spin on some of the items since the owners wife is Korean. DBA is also supposed to be good.

Oddly in all my years here in ATL since I started cooking I haven't ventured out much :loco:

I enjoyed there smoked turkey & Jambalaya!

Visiting ATL myself and went to Fox Bros tonight...great stuff. Get the pork ribs and chicken fried short ribs, both great.

Back