• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Santa Fe NM Trip

I was there for a week in February. I was in central Santa Fe, so lots of tourist fare. Nothing I ate was memorable. I did end up with a number of green-chili cheeseburgers from various establishments that were decent. All were similar. Probably the best food was at the burger stand on Burro Alley. They had a good lunch special as I recall that included a burger and a beer. Their duck-oil-fries also were good. If you want to reminisce about old -time BBQ, you can head to Cowgirl BBQ. It wasn't great, but it reminded me of the BBQ I ate 40+ years ago. It also is a pool hall and the night I was there, they had a band that couldn't sing or play in key. The BBQ has a real western-style sauce from way-back. The place was popular with the locals. I also enjoyed it.

Go up towards Bandelier and Valles Caldera if you can. Sandia Peaks and the tram if you get a chance. Know of some decent eating places in ABQ, but not Santa Fe.

There was a Whole Hog Cafe in town that was good when I was there a few years ago. There was also a New Mexican cuisine restaurant on the town square that was pretty good though I do prefer regular Mexican.

Lots of delicious Chili (Red/Green) dishes all over the place. We tried a BBQ place in Santa Fe but it was really bad so we hit KFC that night. Cut the trip short after an unplanned cleanse (New Mexico revenge) for both us.

Back