Score weighting factors by organization

Gowan

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm curious about the differences between score weighting for the various sanctioning bodies.

KCBS publishes theirs and from what I can tell, IBCA does not weight the raw scores from judges. Does anyone know what the factors are for GBA, FBA and MBN?

All have different maximum total points, so I'm wondering if the weights are similar by percentage or if there is significant difference in how important each criteria is from one system to another.

I have been told by those in the know that the FBA is distributed as follows;
Presentation = 15%
Tenderness = 43%
Taste = 42%
This is used on the premise that each of 6 judges has a total of 33.333333 points to give for a total of 200 points per item judged if all 10's were given

GBA:
Taste x 4
Tenderness x 3
Overall Impression x 3
Appearance x 2

Taste, Tenderness & Appearance scores range from 10 - 7. Overall Impression is a unique score for each sample from 10 - 9.1. IOW, only one sample the table can get a 10 in OI. Only one could get a 9.9. A judge must give at least one 10 in each of the for criteria. Multiple 10's (or multiple 9's, etc) may be given in Taste, Tenderness & Appearance.

6 judges per table. The judge with the lowest cumulative score is dropped. A perfect score is 600

Thanks guys! Exactly what I was looking for.

Anyone know about MBN's weighting?

Back