• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Comp BBQ Superstitions... Thread

Every fire I've started in each Jambo has been lit with a wooden match from the same box. That box is almost empty and falling apart. Not sure what I'm going to do when it's empty.

Its the box that has the mojo... one can buy new matches all day long... but the box Sir is key. See the box is the thing that struck each match that lit them fires. The box is more perishable, Once the striker on the side is gone and worn the mojo of that box is gone.

Take care of that box and one day put it with your trophy's and Jim Beam Hall Of Fame Gear my friend.

I dont think we have any.........I'm just always pushing my partner to leave and get to the comp earlier than he thinks or wants to get there....lol.

Here's one nobody mentioned yet..how about posting defending GC pics on Facebook for the next/upcoming contest..I've NEVER seen it work yet!.I've watched and cringed this past year quite a few times when I saw friends who had won big comps post previous wins..not a single one of them GC'd the comp that followed..so that's mine I'll post pics but now only after its in the books.

Brother Matt, no way, not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent, I can think of only one person that may do that.......:-D

Haircut on Tuesday
Walk the entire competition with a beer after rubbing the big meats
Wear the same shirt & shorts on Saturday
9:00 lucky shot
10:00 lucky beer
beer after each turn in

Wait I think I just noticed a pattern.

Back