Hello from New Jersey

tommydee

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Thanks for accepting me in the community, I live in NJ, Somerset Hills area, sort of central western jersey with my wife and 2 young daughters. Believe it or not this is beautiful country (not all of NJ is what you see in Sopranos and Jersey Shore).

I'm a chemical engineer by training and profession, so i'm the kind of guy who puts pride aside, and will wire up the remote thermometer, and do plenty of reading and googling to help get good results; so naturally I have lurked here before.

I've been typical weekend warrior griller (not truly BBQ) to this point--Weber genesis mostly, but I also pride myself in getting reasonable results on a charcoal walmart throwaway at the beach, tailgate or other. Just got a Pit Barrel Cooker for father's day, so I'm now entering into the slow cooking/smoking realm. I'm grateful to all of you for the knowlege you take the time to share, and hope to be contributing in a few months as i start to figure out smoking.

Welcome to the forum Tommy, glad to have you join us and take part in the other forums here. The Pit Barrel Cooker is a great unit for the money. Keep us posted on your progress.

I hope to see you in the "Q-Talk" forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

We have many other different forums here...
For those who are interested in competing, We have a "Competition" talk forum.

We also have a "Catering, Food Handling and Awareness" and "Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses". We also have a trading forum where members can trade sauces and rubs from different areas around our country.

Welcome from Hudson County NJ!!! You're going to like it here.

Welcome from NW NJ!
Glad you're here!

Welcome!

When your ready to take the plunge into smoking, you'll get your questions answered here!

Good luck!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back