Blackstone pizza oven deal

I know they're great pie makers but I still gotta hard time considering one when i can do them on the UDS or my smaller verticals directly on the grate. The come out perfect, just takes lots longer to cook then something like the blackstone.

I know they're great pie makers but I still gotta hard time considering one when i can do them on the UDS or my smaller verticals directly on the grate. The come out perfect, just takes lots longer to cook then something like the blackstone.

I completely understand. There not for everyone but I think I maybe more obsessed with pizza making than bbq, well close. Been at pizza making longer than bbqing.

I also like that I take it off the stand and pack in my car and take with me. We just had a pizza party last weekend at my friends house. I made up dough balls and we set up a toppings table. Everyone got to make there own pizza. 3 minutes a pie made work out great.

If anyone's wondering what a pizza looks like that comes out of the Blackstone Oven, here's a few:

IMG_0832_zpsb0548ed2.jpg

6252014BlackstoneMargheritaPeezza_zpsc0af5291.jpg

IMG_0641_zps9f31a608.jpg

IMG_0647_zpsad4cf84c.jpg

I couldn't imagine living without this cooker! Short of building a wood fired oven, there's really not much else than can come close.

I was happy with the pizzas from my BGE until I got the Blackstone :-D My pies aren't as round as Moose's yet, but they taste great and I can make two or three in the time it took to make one in the Egg.

Being on this forum is gonna cost me! Is this a cover it and leave it outside cooker or does it like to be garaged? What about a Chicago winter?

Being on this forum is gonna cost me! Is this a cover it and leave it outside cooker or does it like to be garaged? What about a Chicago winter?

Mine was outside with no cover since last October but I do have a roof over part of my deck. Even with my roof the snow would still blow in on it. They sell a cover that fits snug for $50.

I will start covering I can see a little rust in a spot.

Mine has been in my garage since I got it, but that's mainly because I haven't taken the time to move it to the deck :-D I did buy the Blackstone cover and it is well made.

I'm firing up mine tonight for the second time this week!

I'm firing up mine tonight for the second time this week!

Nice. I'm jealous, twice in one week.

I have two dough balls in fridge since Tuesday. Can't wait for the end of the work day tomorrow. Just restocked with 25 pounds of All trumps bromated flour.

I am in serious trouble now. I have five BGE's at home, and one of these on order now. Thanks a lot, my wife is going to kill me when she finds out. I have until September 1st when it arrives at the lowes by my office to come up with a plan. I think its time to sell the small BGE to make room ...

This place costs me every time I visit! Looks like a great deal for a nice cooker.

Q: anyone care to post a dough recipe that works well for pizza? I've not been able to produce ideal crust. Having fun trying, but it's frustrating getting close, but not quite there.

Thanks!
Bruce

not trying to hi-jack but how does the blackstone compare to the uuni pizza oven?

This place costs me every time I visit! Looks like a great deal for a nice cooker.

Q: anyone care to post a dough recipe that works well for pizza? I've not been able to produce ideal crust. Having fun trying, but it's frustrating getting close, but not quite there.

Thanks!
Bruce

Here is a Ny style recipe I use.

http://doughgenerator.allsimbaseball9.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=18

Here is one I been using and real happy with it. I do change % depending how long of a cold rise I do and type of flour I use.

Last edited:
I don't know I've seen Moose cook some pretty mean looking pie's in his. I think it a great deal, passed in on to my son, he has to have everything!

I was happy with the pizzas from my BGE until I got the Blackstone :-D My pies aren't as round as Moose's yet, but they taste great and I can make two or three in the time it took to make one in the Egg.

Shortly before I got the Blackstone, I made a few pies in the vision Kamado. It took a MASSIVE amount of fuel and a good hour to get the cooker and stones up to temp. They did come out quite good, but using the Blackstone is just way easier.

OH crap, I had been looking at these and this just put me over the edge. Go on retailmenot.com and get a 10% off coupon. Brought it down to $291 after tax for me.

This was my wife's response when I told her I bought it...

Man, I hope you get to sleep at home tonight:-D. Just show her pictures of other people's assortment from this forum and you can plead you don't have that much . . . haha.

Back