Locked & Loaded for the Weekend

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I picked up all my meat earlier this week and am ready to head for my 7th competition of the year this weekend. Most teams in GA will be heading to Cleveland, GA for KCBS event, but I'm doing a non sanctioned event that is only 20mins from my place.

Swine & Dandy is the competition(http://www.swineanddandy.com/Swine_and_Dandy_Cookoff/Home.html). Anyone else going to this one? I know Cleveland is the much bigger draw.

They filled up the field here and have a few team names I've seen at some of the competitions this year. Cost was less and having something this close I couldn't pass up. They are using ICBA rules with the exception that you can turn in chicken pieces instead of doing half a chicken. Also 1 hour between turn ins starting at 11am. And NO garnish :p. Hooray! That will save me an hour in on Saturday morning.

I've heard on IBCA they use knife and fork to eat and you can't touch anything in the box with your hands. I heard since that is the case people will actually cook their ribs so they fall off the bone a little more. Anyone know anything about that??

Here's the meat. I've prepped some of it already. I'm actually getting pretty good at scraping chicken skin. Doesn't take quite as long anymore.
2011-10-18_14-07-51_909.jpg

Lookforward to seeing you there we will be leaving soon lang smokers with no dq in chicken this weekend also cookin a couple hogs for wholefoods to serve saturday gonna be a great weekend im concerned about the judges no telling what we might get just cook the best product we can and keep your fingers crossed you gonna have breakfast in the am

Lookforward to seeing you there we will be leaving soon lang smokers with no dq in chicken this weekend also cookin a couple hogs for wholefoods to serve saturday gonna be a great weekend im concerned about the judges no telling what we might get just cook the best product we can and keep your fingers crossed you gonna have breakfast in the am

Hopefully we'll be parked right next to you guys :icon_blush:. See you there.

This is a tough weekend in/around this state for barbecue. A large percentage of the big/notable teams will be at The Jack this weekend. Most of the big/notable teams that aren't at The Jack do an MBN competition here in Milledgeville (ala. Bubba Grills [won MIM Ribs this year], Boggy Pond [previous MIM GC], etc.), then there's the KCBS one you talked about which will draw most of the other smaller teams...

Have fun, and good luck. I'm off to start judging soon... FUN FUN!!!!

Back