Central PA BBQ

BKish25

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
For those folks crossing Central Pennsylvania, Clem's BBQ, is THE roadside place to stop for ribs (beef or pork). Two rated spots, State College and Tyrone have pick-up and do catering. Business is especially brisk on football game days.

There's also Clems Cafe in Blairsville, PA, off U.S. 22 that prides itself as the "Home of the Nice Racks, Big Breasts, Juicy Thighs, and Warm Buns." This location makes a wonderful sweet and tangy KC-style sauce that it sells by the quart-sized mason jar.

For anyone who has time, after picking up an order to go at Clems Cafe, there are three wineries in the vicinity to enjoy the meal with a good bottle: Raspberry Acres, Walnut Hill Winery, and Vite E Vino.

I had Clem's off 22 last week. Very good pulled pork and ribs. They went heavy on the sauce but I didn't tell them no different. Sauce was good but overwhelmed the good meat. I would go there again. I wanted to try Pittsburgh pig company but they're closed on Tuesdays. Worth going?

I had Clem's off 22 last week. Very good pulled pork and ribs. They went heavy on the sauce but I didn't tell them no different. Sauce was good but overwhelmed the good meat. I would go there again. I wanted to try Pittsburgh pig company but they're closed on Tuesdays. Worth going?

They have excellent ribs. Will try the pulled pork next time. Pittsburgh Pig Company has two locations, west of the city on Banksville Road and a fairly new location in Murraysville off U.S. 22.

Don't forget the rib fest at Heinz Field this weekend!

Back