Birmingham-Huntsville-Memphis

If you're tired of Q by the time you get back towards Montgomery, there is a Mellow Mushroom Pizza at the last Prattville exit. It's on the west side of town past all the hub-bub, on the south side of the main road. It's very good pizza and the beer selection is endless.
When we go towards the beach we make it a point to be there around lunch, if not going down, coming back for sure.

Thanks, that is good to know. I've seen them around the SE but have never stopped. Good to know they are worth a try.

Day 4 Lunch in Memphis

Thanks to thesemicullen for the heads up on Cozy Corner. Had their pork sandwich with hot red sauce & slaw. Very good and a huge portion; at least a B+.

image_zps133b77b9.jpg

image_zpsc869097a.jpg

Such a lovely part of town, too. Then again, not far from St. Jude at all. :becky: I like Cozy Corner. I think the other suggestion was The Bar-B-Q Shop which is not bad either. Or at least it was the last time I went which has been a few years now. I like their BBQ Spaghetti.

Home, with a special stop in Tucaloosa

Left Memphis at zero dark thirty; 13 hours + 1 hour time change made it home in 14 hours.

But that included a detour to Tuscaloosa to finally meet Paul (TuscaloosaQ) & Tyler at Shirley Fabrication in person. What great people doing superb work:thumb::thumb::thumb: We had a chance to chat for 45 minutes and compare some thoughts on fabrication and Paul showed me some new features and tweaks he is adding to his builds. There has been plenty of positive info on their work here so I won't beat a dead horse but these folks work in HEAVY steel, make cookers that will last forever and their workmanship is beyond anthing you will ever see on other smokers; plain and simple it is art!

Back