Brisket question

Richard1233

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Never smoked brisket before but the walmart I work at has them for 2.49/lb. Is that a good price? I also get a 10% discount on all food until the new year and just bought a new chest freezer on black friday. I'm thinking I should stock up on brisket and learn how to smoke it now.

I don't know Ca. prices but seems good to me since they are $1.97/lb here in Texas.

What grade are they? Choice or Select? Brisket is going here in PA for $7.49 for choice the last time we looked.

I haven't seen anything that said select or choice on them. I was looking for it too but didn't see it. I'm gonna go by tonight and look again. I gotta get a few things for tomorrow's cook so I think ill grab a brisket or 2 and freeze them until I'm ready to cook them.

I bought a #15 prime brisket today at Costco for $2.69 per pound. The trimmed flats were $7.69 or $7.99 per pound. I think the flats were select grade.

Look thru all the briskets. Even the ones in the back. They mix the ungraded, select and choice all together.

Back