First Comp

Congratulations Buccs on a well earned win,but no lamb, no Roo I'm confused :becky:
:tsk: :heh:
FARK yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Buccs and crew first time out and a GC :shocked:
:rockon:
I can't believe that you guys won with boiled ribs:biggrin1:

J/K Bucc, I'm really proud for you!!!
:hug: Thanks mate!!
Congrats bucs! Glad to see you back as well.
:hug:
That's some fine lookin food and a great story. Congrat's on the results and we do need the team picture captioned.:thumb:
Too late to edit! :heh: Thanks brother!

Congrats on the big win Bucc! Sounds like you had a great team. I do like how you adjusted with the lack of cooking space and decided to do a hot and fast cook to shuffle stuff around and have enough cook space.

I know the first time I did a practice cook with my teammates, I told them I wanted to go hot and fast. They were low and slowers and were leary about cooking hot and fast during the practice cook. After the tasting portion of the practice cook they got behind me 100% with the hot and fast cooking. If your teammates hadn't done it before, I know it can be nerve racking to put trust into something that goes against the normal thought of how to cook bbq.

I'm not willing to post any tradecraft, but luckily the BBQ that failed was the same model as one that was working, so I robbed the failed one of it's shelf and used blocks to make the second cooker have two shelves, I measured so the butts would fit then stacked it, increased the temps. I turned the keg into a high temp cooker and I lit foil trays of coals and sat them in the failed cooker and created a holding station. It was quite melodramatic, the boys initially running around like cartoon characters grabbing handfuls of hair crying "This will never work! We are doomed! Mommy!"
Okay, that is pure exaggeration, but inside we all went through a little of that before we remembered it was ANZAC Day weekend.:thumb:

.2 Points from a clean sweep! Way to pull it off with all the problems - adapt and overcome brother! :clap:

.2 Points from a clean sweep! Way to pull it off with all the problems - adapt and overcome brother! :clap:

Thanks so much bro!
While I am pleased to hear I was close, oddly I felt I would feel less pain if I had missed on ribs by 5 whole points. The winning ribs were cooked on a Bradley upright pod smoker thing. Are they allowed in USA comps?
I felt it odd seeing guys load and leave to sleep in vans, return in the morning and box up. I wonder what kind of satisfaction that would give them?

Congrats Bucc!! That is so cool!! :clap2:
We have seen you post many, many great cooks here on the Brethren AND, win many a throwdown
but have never been able to see if your food tasted as good as it looked.
Well, looks like you just showed us the answer to that question!! :thumb:

Not that I was wondering or anything.:rolleyes:

Hope your able to get sponsored to come to the US! That would be awesome.

Thanks!!

nfvCFrz.jpg

Congrats brother! That's quite an accomplishment and dare I say, wouldn't have the same effect if I had written that post, you're quite the wordsmith my friend. Now if it's anything like the states just don't get too pissed if you finish last next comp. :p I have my doubts about that one. Hell, you Aussie's do everything backwards anyway. :wink: :thumb:

Great job Bucc! Pulling off a win like that when everything goes right is hard enough. Way to get it done. Congrats!

First time I've had a chance to read this.
Great story, write up and cook!

Congrats!

Back