• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is the No. 1 BBQ Book to own?

ChetPunisher

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Everything I've learned about smoking food I learned from forums and the internet. I would like a good book to be able to refer to quickly. Is there one book that stands alone?

This site covers more that you will probably ever need.
The only BBQ book I have is "The Barbecue! Bible" by Steven Raichlen. Lots of types of live fire cooking from all over the world is covered.

I understand that this forum, along with others offer an enormous amounts of material. The problem I have is that I'd rather not have to come back to the computer or even have my laptop by me all the time. Just looking for some suggestions. Thanks.

iPad works wonders. I'm with Gore, I have mountains of cookbooks but I use this site most of the time. My brother gave me "thrill of the grill" some years back, I like it. It explains techniques as well as recipes, rubs, sauces, etc.

I have a great number of books that I reference but I almost always go back to Myron Mixons first book or Ray Lampe's Big Time BBQ Cookbook. They both have a wealth of info.

The Holy Bible

Genisis 22:13
Leviticus 1:1-17

And many others.

The only BBQ book I have is "The Barbecue! Bible" by Steven Raichlen. Lots of types of live fire cooking from all over the world is covered.

this is the one i use

There are a lot of good ones so picking ONE won't really be possible. I'm a fan of Weber's "Smoke", Dr. BBQ (Ray Lampe) "Slow Fire", and most recently, Myron Mixon's "Everyday Barbecue" is looking pretty good. I also have Chris Lilly's "Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book", Myron Mixon's "Smokin" (which I don't care much for), Adam Perry Lang's "Charred and Scruffed", and several others. Weber's "New Real Grilling" is on my to-buy list...

There is so much in this book that I find myself turning to it for inspiration. if nothing else it does make for good reading.

i have many but i have found that i just don't go to them anymore.
and yes, more info here than in those books.

I guess I should admit that the only reason I have this book is that I got it as a free PDF download. Still, there is a lot of info in it that I've never found in the books I've checked out from the library.

Back