Weber Rotisserie?

Roguejim

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I can get a CL, " new in the box" Weber 22.5" rotisserie for $75 OBO. What mods do I have to do to my 22.5" kettle?

Not a bad price, there should be no mods needed, you'll enjoy it!

KC

Snag it NOW before it disappears. No mods needed, it comes with a ring the same size as your kettle that drops right on and holds the spit and motor. I use mine all the time, sure you will too.

Well I hate to say it but I purchased this one when I was on vacation. Same pic. I gave him 60.00.

If it is a new in the box Weber, it is not a scam, I see them on Amazon for $149.99.

KC

Really? How do you know what I'm looking at? Is it a scam??

Its no scam. I noticed the CL ad's still up when I saw this post. It's brand spanking new. I met him in Medford, Or. about 30 days ago. . Still sitting in the box but I will put it to work.

The Weber rotis is a beautiful thang, especially at that price. No mods necessary btw.

someone told me this is an older one and they dont seal as tight as the newer ones but I'm happy with it for 60 bucks.

someone told me this is an older one and they dont seal as tight as the newer ones but I'm happy with it for 60 bucks.

mine is one of the newer ones, and it doesn't get a perfect seal. it doesn't matter, though. now, hurry up and throw a few birds on the spit...you'll never want to do chicken any other way after that!

Like said the seal doesn't matter, it's meaningless. Many cooks are open top that's about as big of a leak you can get.

Like said the seal doesn't matter, it's meaningless. Many cooks are open top that's about as big of a leak you can get.

QFT...

Using one or both charbaskets, my EZ Que rotisserie (essentially the same sealing characteristics as the old Weber but in SS) locks in easily at 325 - 350 F with lid on and the bottom vents just open a crack. Get one and you will not regret it.

I can get a CL, " new in the box" Weber 22.5" rotisserie for $75 OBO. What mods do I have to do to my 22.5" kettle?

There shouldn't be ANY mods.

You just take your lid off, slide the new "collar" on, mount motor on the color and your spit with food....turn it on and put the lid on.

I do have some (I forget the name of them) metal baskets that I put my coals in when I do rotisserie and I keep them on one side of the grill, I only heat from there when doing the rotisserie...

I tend to put a foil pan with water under whatever meat is spinning on the spit above it.

Aside from that...it is easy peasy!!

Every year, I do my standing rib roast for Thanksgiving on my Weber Rotisserie set up....YUM!

Good luck!!

cayenne

Back