• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

InkBird BT Therm Review (Lots o pics)

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Reaction score
I received a 6 probe Inkbird BT therm from Ken to test out as well. You can check the Brethren Venture forum for more. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140 They currently have a discount code listed for the two probe model. It's available in 2, 4 & 6 probe models in several different colors. I got the red so it matches my truck and the Big Joe. :biggrin1:

Unit was shipped from Amazon in their usual packaging. Comes in a nice box, well packaged.

v0Dc1A9.jpg

Includes a base holder, the therm, 3 grate clips & 6 probes. Requires (2) AAA batteries, not included.

HyVJxsR.jpg

Downloaded the app from Google Play store, started it up and was prompted what to do to pair it to the unit. 5 seconds later, it's ready to go.

ny7gQMv.png

The probe diameter are about the same as a Thermoworks Chef Alarm. The probes as well as the unit itself are not waterproof, just like the ChefAlarm. So if the weather is calling for rain, take precautions. I ruined one of my ChefAlarms, because I left it out in the rain accidentally.

G5WQQOu.jpg

Did a test for BT range, set the unit on top of my FEC on the deck and went upstairs to the bedroom on the opposite end of the house, closing two doors. Had a BT signal, no drop outs. Pleased with the BT range.

Did a quick ice water test, seems spot on.

gNwCBi1.jpg

BD1eoIk.jpg

uERlrck.jpg

8B53ciM.jpg

App seems pretty easy to use. Settings for the app

lWGCzsc.png

Comes with a bunch of presets and you can create your own.

wJwMS05.png

Took me a little while to figure out how to delete a preset, you have to edit it first and at the bottom is the delete button.

vETvPNE.png

Today, I finally got a chance to try it out. Smoked meatloaf for dinner. One probe in the loaf of meat, another on the grate.

1nMpc4g.jpg

When the probes are plugged in, the display rotates between the probe temps.

CnCqNlR.jpg

YzLfkEJ.jpg

Quick check of the FEC's temp. Looks good to me.

6NywMDf.jpg

Temps in the app

ygm0oA9h.png

Gives some cool graphs...

Zhjiaxuh.png

a7Wwt5ph.png

When it hits the temp, a pretty loud alarm goes off.

FXUBtq6h.png

Powered off the unit, and got an alarm that the connection dropped.

gfIfrKsh.png

Displays a list of all the alarms that were triggered.

Kb75oKxh.png

Almost forgot the money shot...

EvR1CGch.jpg

All in all, a thumbs up from this Brethren. :thumb:

Last edited:
Awesome to see another review. I had been squirming for a bit waiting on another 20% deal for a smoke but after seeing some info on the inkbird (which I hadn't heard of) seemed like a no-brainer. With the money saved I may splurge on a thermapen too. Unless inkbird has got something like that coming too?!?! Hint hint. Lol

WOW! That seems like a bargain!

I just bought a GrillEye bluetooth unit that is 6 probe capable, it cost me quite a bit more and the set up and phone app are incredibly similar. I have not had a chance to use it yet and test its ability to stay connect though.

This looks like a winner to me!

Back