• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cast iron score!

1911Ron

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We were out and about running errands and stopped by the antique store to look for some older cast iron. I found a 12" Lodge DO and a 6 1/2" skillet, a 8" skillet with enameled outside and a 8" deep skillet. We got all of that for about $100! One skillet is a Wagner, the small one is a Lodge, the enameled one is a name i have never heard of Ultrex.

Castiron_zps681bcc38.jpg

That is a Great Score! We used to take them for granted after aluminum came along. Boy were we wrong. ;D
My Mom(85) still has a 12" skillet w/lid that has been around for a long time and that thing is BLACK and SLICK!!! It will turn out some good food!

Nice score!

I was lucky enough to get my mom's 3 pan set when they moved down to Florida about 12 years ago. Black as night and well (WELL) seasoned. Now that they've moved back up north, I don't even talk about them with her within earshot. :)

I was just thinking about needing to go and start scrounging for some C.I. at the thrift shops. Thanks for the inspiration. I want a bigger skillet. Got one that's been in the family for awhile now, but with my family size it's not good for much more than making eggs while I use my skillet for pancakes.

Well done Sir. Great find. I've got several pieces of CI, and love each and every one of them. I've got a couple of the enameled pieces. Some are coated inside and outside, some just outside (only on non-cooking area). I think all mine a some French company "La Cruset", or something to that effect.

Either way, enjoy man. Good stuff. Save the past.

I use and love ci . if you use it right you can't out live it . I have some that dates back to 1800's.

Back