WSM Craigslist score

vandy13

Reaction score
Just signed up for the forum recently, been browsing mainly. Anyway, I've got into bbq/smoking by using a 22 inch Weber Kettle with bricks to deflect heat. I've had my eye on a 22 inch WSM for a while now but hadn't pulled the trigger. I was browsing craigslist Friday afternoon and found this beauty. It's the 18 inch model but the owner was only asking $150, said he bought it recently and had only done 3 cooks on it. It truly is in perfect condition. The serial number is a CU#######. If I'm reading the guide right, that's a 2015 model.

The crazy thing is this baby had been on CL for 13 days and no one snagged it. I almost didn't even bother calling because I just knew someone had snagged it. Can't wait to cook some ribs on it tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 233
Yeah those things go for $300 new. Sounds like a great score to me! Looks like you got your door on up side down. Not sure if it matters though. :becky: nice score! :thumb:

Um, no one noticed the door is upside down? That must be why it was so cheap. :mrgreen:

Yeah those things go for $300 new. Sounds like a great score to me! Looks like you got your door on up side down. Not sure if it matters though. :becky: nice score! :thumb:

That's how I keep my doors. I think there is less leakage that way.

Back