Anyone ever use avocado wood for smoking?

SDvaderman

Reaction score
As the title states, I am just wondering if anyone has ever used avocado wood in their smoker? If so how did it turn out?

Avocados are pretty rare here in Western Pennsylvania, but as it's a fruit, I imagine it would be great

As the title states, I am just wondering if anyone has ever used avocado wood in their smoker? If so how did it turn out?

Dude!

Avo wood is the best kept secret in SoCal. Try it with pork butts or chicken.

Thanks, I will have to see if I can get my hands on some then. I saw an ad on CL and the price seemed reasonable, so I will give it a shot.

Thanks, I will have to see if I can get my hands on some then. I saw an ad on CL and the price seemed reasonable, so I will give it a shot.

The Mrs and I were up in Idyllwild a few years back, and a bought a trash can (55 gallon size) full of chunks (more like small splits) for $40.

The price has probably gone up, but it will be worth it.

Avo wood is the best kept secret in SoCal. Try it with pork butts or chicken.

I've never thought about using avocado wood. I have friends with a small orchard of avos - I bet they would have plenty of extra wood when they prune and when trees get beyond their prime fruit bearing days. Thanks for the tip!

hmmmm.....I always wondered being in SoCal how that would work. Now I need to try!

Back