Thanks to BGE for Quick Warranty Replacement on my XL

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Super excited to get some new egg parts today. I've had a crack in my base for a few years now, but didn't submit the warranty because I didn't have my original receipt from almost 5yrs ago :doh: (though I've heard of those that got replacement party without it). No idea how I lost it (Thread on my 3 egg purchase here). Since the egg worked fine I never bothered anyways. Then this last year I noticed I had cracks in both the firebox and fire ring. Again the egg still functioned fine.

Then during the packing process of moving from one place to the other this last month my wife is packing some stuff up out of a closet in a spare bedroom. She hollers "Hey do you want this big green egg receipt?" :twitch:. So she found it and a few days later I went to my local ace to submit the claim. They copied the receipt, I emailed the guy the pictures and 8 days later I have about half a new egg :clap2:.

Probably put it together later this week. Here are the pics.

Cracked pics I gave them

And new stuff

Good for you! I'm a Primo owner, but glad when a company stands behind their product.

Good to hear. Reminds me to take a picture of my receipt as a backup :thumb:

It is nice to hear great customer supports stories about the BGE
They really stand behind their products

I'm not necessarily loyal to BGE, but when you get a new xl for about $150 you can't pass it up :grin:

The replacement parts cost you $150? If so, why?

BGE has great customer service, something the the buyers of the fly by night knock-offs, more than likely will never get to experience.

The replacement parts cost you $150? If so, why?

BGE has great customer service, something the the buyers of the fly by night knock-offs, more than likely will never get to experience.

No. The replacement parts were 100% free. The $150 is about what I paid for my first one. There was a close out and I bought 3 eggs 50% off. Then sold 2 of them on CL for only about 20% off :biggrin1:.

No. The replacement parts were 100% free. The $150 is about what I paid for my first one. There was a close out and I bought 3 eggs 50% off. Then sold 2 of them on CL for only about 20% off :biggrin1:.

Ah, nice!

When I bought mine 3 years ago I registered the S/N that is inside the dome in the back online with BGE. No need to worry about it then. Any dealer can pull it up. I ,aide a photocopy of my receipt and placed in the safe just in case. Original was thermal paper and fades after several months.

When I bought mine 3 years ago I registered the S/N that is inside the dome in the back online with BGE. No need to worry about it then. Any dealer can pull it up. I ,aide a photocopy of my receipt and placed in the safe just in case. Original was thermal paper and fades after several months.

All the info listed in their warranty, say that a printed receipt is necessary for any claim.

All the info listed in their warranty, say that a printed receipt is necessary for any claim.

Sorry about that. I guess I misunderstood my dealer. They have replaced several pieces of mine so far, fire ring, fire grate and mos recently the plate setter which I just got in under the three year warranty period. But they know when I bought it.

Back