Broken Egg

BigTSmoker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It was really windy yesterday in IN and my egg flipped over. I was looking for a replacement for a L fire ring and a L plate setter. Does anyone by chance have any they are looking to sell?

Attachments

• IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 106
If that chunk that is missing from the FR is in one piece...you're good to go...mines been cracked for years....the PS...thats a different story..

Can't believe is windy enough to blow over an BGE....

Holy jebus! How windy was it to tip an egg?!? I have a large too and it is heavy as fark. My firebox and ring broke long ago. I just pieced them back together like a puzzle and stuck them back in. This was like 3 years ago. It still works fine. I don't really think you are going to find someone who wants to sell a ring but not their egg. You may find a plate setter from someone who has an adjustable rig.

See if you can piece them back together, they usually break clean. If so you don't need anything new you just need to piece it in and forget about it. If you are super anal you can probably use some masonry/fireplace concrete to put it back together. You can cure it right in the egg by getting it up to 650 or so.

Back