Just a brisket & butt for the SuperB owl get together *pics

supertramp

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Had people over for the game last night. Not being much on professional American rules football championship games, I decided to focus on the food, beer & friends. Went with the tried and true brisket & butt for the grub.

11lb brisket & 12lb butt dropped on the smoke around 6am, picture was taken as soon as I had some decent light.

831_zpsdkkhxkse.jpg

A little protein posing as I am checking to see if the stall has been broken through and my bark is set so I can wrap.

20160207_121535_zpskui7psm0.jpg

Knew my butt was going to be fire when I grabbbed it by the bone and had a clean extraction.

836_zpstxdljjh0.jpg

837_zpsuzpe2k0t.jpg

Brisket turned out as I was hoping as

834_zpsfanjjtje.jpg

835_zpsigljcvii.jpg

I heard a team did win the game so that is good but more importantly a good time was had with friends & good eats. Thanks for stopping by!

nice work there! Brisket looks super moist. What was your method on that brisket if you don't mind sharing?

nice work there! Brisket looks super moist. What was your method on that brisket if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks! Don't mind at all.

Trimmed brisket.
Rubbed generously with a rub consisting of 1 part coarse black pepper, 1 part coarse kosher, 1/8 part garlic powder.
Fat cap down, smoked at 275 until the stall.
Flipped to fat cap up, continued smoking until bark came to desired consistency, which happened to be the same time my thermometer slid into flat with very little resistance.
Wrapped loosely with butcher paper, set in hotel pan, loosely tented with foil until ready to server, was 1.5 hours resting this time.

Hope that helps.

Looking very tasty, bet your friends will come over next weekend to watch
'Figure Skating' as an excuse!

Back