MARINADE, SAUCE, and RUB FOR CHICKEN can be yours.

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Years ago I used to offer an occasional small prize for some of the Throwdown winners from time to time, long before they offered prizes to the winners.

Yesterday I offered to sponsor the next chicken cook Throwdown, but was politely told that only vendors are allowed to sponsor the Throwdowns now. My how things change over time. No worries, this could be your gain, because I have a box of Marinades, Sauces, and Rubs that are great for grilling chicken that I have to give away.

Simply post a brief message about your favorite way to cook chicken and on the 14th of October I'll use a random number generator to select a number. The number of the post that corresponds with the random number will get the items pictured below. If there is room in the box, I'll add more items to maximize shipping.

I will only ship to a US Mail address, which includes any of the 50 States (yes Alaska and Hawaii are included) or an APO or FPO address. Sorry no international shipping.

This is not a raffle, nor a drawing, someone who wishes to have these items will be randomly selected to receive them. Only one post per person please...

DSCN1399_zpsavxtaxst.jpg

Very nice gesture. My new favorite way to cook chicken is on my knockoff vortex that I made. Thanks for the opportunity to get some new stuff to try.

You're a generous man!
Chicken is probably my weakest cook. I just don'the cook it often enough to master it.
If my post # is drawn, please draw another # and gift your goodies to someone that will do a better job with them.:doh:

I like to lollipop the legs cook them on the smoker with a nice rub about 300 or a little higher. Then just before done I sauce them up and put em back in. I use the warmer in my Shirley and sometimes I will build a direct fire in the warmer to put them on once sauced.

You're a generous man!
Chicken is probably my weakest cook. I just don'the cook it often enough to master it.
If my post # is drawn, please draw another # and gift your goodies to someone that will do a better job with them.:doh:

Practice make perfection.... LOL

My favorite way to cook is on the rotisserie. I brush olive oil on the skin and then generous amounts of kosher salt and pepper. Comes out incredible.

Very nice of you to do this.

First off this is a very nice of you. My favorite way to cook chicken is beer can with a creole butter injection and Cajun season in the offset running about 325. Also like doing my bbq chicken thighs in a foil pan with butter then pulling and submerge in sauce then back on for the last bit

Very nice of you to do this. Lately I've been on a kettle fried chicken kick. Usually use Autreys chicken breader and cook indirect. Have also been doing quite a few spatchcocked whole birds lately. I've got the rotisserie attachment as well but need to bring it back into the rotation.

It has to be thighs and they have to sit in a loving marinade for 24hrs, then onto a prepped pit until they are sublime!:-D

My favorite smoker chicken is on a WSM hot and fast. I use a chimney and a half of charcoal when lit add to the pit. Remove the water bowl, open all the vents and add brined whole back bone removed chickens rubbed with Texas Grand Champion rub skin side down for 30 minutes then 20 to 30 minutes ,you have the best juicy chicken ever. Sometimes I sauce lightly.

Wow that's super nice of you! My favorite way is spatchcocked direct on the kettle. I use my roti ring with the grate on that level to gain the extra few inches of clearance to keep from burning. Tasty, tasty, tasty. I always am trying something new as far as rubs and marinades. So far my favorite is mojo marinade

What an outstanding gesture. My favorite chicken cook method is "hole" chicken in the kamado (or WSM 14") at around 350 degrees. Simple rub of salt, pepper, garlic and onion with a butter slather to bind it. Aromatics inside of the cavity are typically onion and celery.

Da^^n generous of you.

My favorite chicken cook is what I call Grill-Roasted (Groasted?). Brined with a hint of soy. Indirect on the kettle with some mesquite and hickory. Cavity stuffed with lemons onions and thyme. :hungry:

Always generous indeed! Really nice of you. My favorite way to cook chicken is spatched on the Akorn. I mix it up with different rubs spices and sometimes injections.

-John

Wow! Very kind of you to offer this. I have been on a chicken satay kick lately. Might be cause I love the taste of the peanut dipping sauce.

You sir are a generous man!
I like to cover my whole chicken in butter including (under the skin), then sprinkle Simon and Garfunkel rub on it. Cooked on the Weber Roti has been my go to lately. BUT......I'm still trying to master my Weber Smoky Mountain and it will be seeing more chicken soon!

Thanks for the very generous offer!

I like to dry brine chicken halves for about 8 hours (I've been using Naturiffic lime pepper salt) uncovered.

Then into the PBC over KBB with chunks of pecan until done.

Big fan of indirect until almost done, then as close to the coals as I can to crisp it up! Youre a good man, thank you

Back