Contest Announcment 2010 Barnesville BBQ & blues/ FBA April 23&24

blues brother

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Barnesville BBQ & Blues FBA sanctioned contest will be April 23 & 24 2010.
Sorry this is so long, I had a lot to say...

Let me start by saying that I am not a voting member of this committee. My job is to be a cook team liaison and help the committee make BBQ & Blues better for the cook teams.

The committee is working hard to keep our contest the best one in the State of Georgia!

Each team will have a local Committee rep assigned to them. This rep is there to help you with anything you might need, IE...ice, drinks, grocery store run, etc... They will have access to golf carts and will be on hand to make your time in Barnesville as pleasant as possible.

As always, teams that arrive on Thursday are asked to meet at the staging area. We have had some issues with this in the past and have not done the best job we could have. We think we have the kinks worked out this year. Any of you planning on coming in early on Thursday please let me know and I will give you my cell # and I will make sure you are taken care of. If you get in early Thursday and want to come to the United Bank party let me know or let the staging area people know and we will get you to the party and back to the staging area.

United Bank is hosting a Chamber of Commerce after hours event that will start at 5pm Thursday. All cook teams are invited to attend. There will be plenty of food and beer at no cost to you! The Bank really wants the cook teams to come and enjoy. Without the cook teams we would not have an event. United Bank appreciates you coming to our town!

We are going to have some bonus prizes this year for the cook teams. More info on those at the cooks meeting.

Peoples choice is a little different this year, $20 entry fee. But, $500 to the winner!

Ancillaries, chili, wings and stew, $15 each entry and prize is split cash pot and trophy.

Last year in the FBA was the Willie Nelson Whiskey River sauce contest. This year in Barnesville it is anything goes sauce. $20 entry fee and first prize is a small BGE with the nest, bag of lump, box of fire starters, ash tool and grill griper!
What a prize for the best sauce !

We are expecting record crowds this year and it should be a great weekend for vending. Teams that are vending will get the prime sites for where the crowds normally are.

Our location is limited in space. We can only fit 47 pro teams. I wish we could handle more. We have 28teams paid and registered.

Here is a list of paid/registered teams:
The Right Stuff BBQ
Munchees Smokehouse
Big Jim's BBQ, LLC
Rogers Turf Care LLC
BiteBack BBQ
Burnt Offerings
Forest's Fine Foods
Sweet Candy Rub
Grillin' Gangsters
Barnesville Blues Brothers
Sweat's Barbecue
Bethel Smokers
Cook's Portable Smokehouse
Nice Rack BBQ
J&B
Chatham Artillery BBQ
Southdown Bar-B-Q
Mrs. T's BBQ
Southern Touch BBQ
Tackle 4 BBQ
F&A BBQ
Sauced Again
Flint River Cooking Team
Bub-Ba-Q
The James Gang
Blowing Smoke
Hog Wild BBQ
Kelvin's BBQ

I will update the list weekly.

We are looking forward to this contest and hope everyone has a safe trip to Barnesville!

Mike Aiken

Here is a updated list...34 paid!
The Right Stuff BBQ
Munchees Smokehouse
Big Jim's BBQ, LLC
Rogers Turf Care LLC
BiteBack BBQ
Burnt Offerings
Forest's Fine Foods
Sweet Candy Rub
Grillin' Gangsters
Sweat's Barbecue
Bethel Smokers
Nice Rack BBQ
J&B
Chatham Artillery BBQ
Southdown Bar-B-Q
Mrs. T's BBQ
Southern Touch BBQ
Tackle 4 BBQ
F&A BBQ
Sauced Again
Flint River Cooking Team
Bub-Ba-Q
The James Gang
Blowing Smoke
Hog Wild BBQ
Kelvin's BBQ
Tiny's BBQ
Swamp Boys
Swinging Swine BBQ Team
Sun Ridge Smokers
Smoke On The Water
Ed Bryant BBQ

Thanks for your time!!
Mike

This a FYI for all cookteams coming to Barnesville.
Our chairman, TJ, will call each head cook prior to the contest weekend to hammer out any special needs you might have as well as site location request. Please rest assured he will do everything he can to meet your needs.
As most of you know our location has some pretty tough restrictions as far as size. The best advice I know to give is to get here as early as possible. But whenever you get here we will do our best to make you happy.

On another note, it looks like we are going to have a cook/judge and volunteer supper friday night right after the cooks meeting.

Looks like we are at 35 teams...only 12 slots left!
Mike

UPDATE>>>UPDATE 40 teams!!! 7 slots left!!

The Right Stuff BBQ
Munchees Smokehouse
Big Jim's BBQ, LLC
Rogers Turf Care LLC
BiteBack BBQ
Burnt Offerings
Forest's Fine Foods
Sweet Candy Rub
Grillin' Gangsters
Sweat's Barbecue
Bethel Smokers
Nice Rack BBQ
J&B
Chatham Artillery BBQ
Southdown Bar-B-Q
Mrs. T's BBQ
Southern Touch BBQ
Tackle 4 BBQ
F&A BBQ
Sauced Again
Flint River Cooking Team
Bub-Ba-Q
The James Gang
Blowing Smoke
Hog Wild BBQ
Kelvin's BBQ
Tiny's BBQ
Swamp Boys
Swinging Swine BBQ Team
Sun Ridge Smokers
Smoke On The Water
Georgia Boys BBQ
Neal's Country Bar-B-Q Crew
Rescue Smokers
smokecrazy.com
M&E BBQ
Blind Pig BBQ
Jacks Old South

If there are any teams that are total self-contained we might be able to fit yall in near the railroad tracks...
Don't forget...TJ will call each of you prior to the event and do his best to meet your needs!
icon_biggrin.gif

Don't forget there will be a cook team/Judge/ FBA rep and volunteer dinner right after the cooks meeting.

Ok guys, We are at 45 teams, Amanda has talked to several teams this afternoon that are sending in a paypal. Barnesville is full!

If anyone wants to be on a waiting list please send Amanda an email amandarose@barnesville.org.

If any teams that are registered can't make it please let Amanda know ASAP.

The Right Stuff BBQ
Munchees Smokehouse
Big Jim's BBQ, LLC
Rogers Turf Care LLC
BiteBack BBQ
Burnt Offerings
Forest's Fine Foods
Sweet Candy Rub
Grillin' Gangsters
Sweat's Barbecue
Bethel Smokers