• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Best of the BEST--Douglas, GA

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
I am going up to cook with GB's BBQ.
Did not earn an Invite this year, but have a super shot at next year.

Gordon and I are gunning for Swamp Boys and Forrest!!!! :lol:
Heck, everyone is going for the target on their back!

Who all is coming???

TIM

How does one qualify to get invited?

As I understand it--there are 13 "sanctioning bodies".
The top 5 or 10 are invited.
Potiential for 130 teams which they cap at 50.
Tough fieild.

All of that is subject to correction :oops:

"Open" the next day, like the AR. It is capped at 100 and normally almost fills up.

We cooked the Invite a couple of years ago with Purple Turtle and cooked just the OPEN last year.

We pulled into the FBA top 10 last weekend and hope to hold on and get an invite.

Great contest with some good $$ available.

TIM

Team Diva Q is already set up and ready to go tomorrow.

We are cooking both the invitational and the open.

There will be a total of 4 teams from Canada, one from Germany and another from Poland, making this an international event.

The prize money is good, $30k for the invitational, $20k for the open.

Also, for the last 2 years, there was a Best of the Best Event in Niagara Falls, where the winner gets a free ticket to the invitational.

Be there in a few hours :wink: Cooking the open...looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully meeting some new faces. Good Luck to Everyone!!

ill be setting up tomorrow for the backyard and little raymond will be cooking the in the kids division.

Just wondering, who were the NEBS top ten?

I'm not really sure, I had no idea about any of it until Ted from QHaven said something in the Sayville thread.
From what I understand, the NEBS rankings are based on the teams KCBS results and the year runs from Harpoon to Harpoon.

WIFI here in Douglas. Loving it. Gorgeous weather. Great organization. Loving the comp. Gotta go put my ribs on.

go get em Diva !! did the girls fiqure out they were not going to Disney World yet ? :p:p

WIFI here in Douglas. Loving it. Gorgeous weather. Great organization. Loving the comp. Gotta go put my ribs on.

Just wondering, who were the NEBS top ten?

I'm not really sure, I had no idea about any of it until Ted from QHaven said something in the Sayville thread.
From what I understand, the NEBS rankings are based on the teams KCBS results and the year runs from Harpoon to Harpoon.
NEBS TOY is typically on Ique's website but is not there right now. I looked all over the NEBS site and couldnt find it.

NEBS TOY is typically on Ique's website but is not there right now. I looked all over the NEBS site and couldnt find it.

Yeah I tried that too. Think I will start a thread, I think the majority of the NEBS board are members here on e is bound to see it, they can give us the run down

oh wait arent you the NY rep? :twisted:

Well it was a cluster today here. My ribs and chicken sucked royally. Too smushy. Hoping for a call in pork. Got to meet warf. Catching up with a few ppl.

Back