Flat iron steak ?

matt

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Has any one ever smoked flat iron steak ?it is on sale here thought i might try it. just looking for some advice on how to go about it.rubs sauses marinates ect, ect. any advice welcome.

I never have smoked a flat Iron steak but it is good sliced up like fajita style..

it's a mighty tasty and tender "steak" and I just don't think a low temp cook on it would do it justice unless it was preceeded or followed with a hot sear. I cook it at about 550 for about 7 min per side or till an internal that gives you the steak you like. It also makes some hellacious philly cheese steak if you get it almost frozen and slice as thin as possible and fry in a couple spoon fulls of evoo till almost done and then remove to plate and do you some peppers, onions, and mushroom in the same pan and then add the meat back in and when all mixed together flop some AMERICAN cheese on top till melted and chow down.

Dr. BBQ has a good steak rub recipe that I always use on my flat irons. It is perfect for them, but I cook at ~500 or so. I've never thought to smoke one.

We do a fajita marinade and cook'em hot and fast... Good Eats!

Hey Joe, care the share that bourbon street marinade??

thanks,
James.

Back