Inland Marine Insurance

medic92

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good provider for Inland Marine insurance? I have it through the FLIP insurance but it only covers $10,000 per incident and I have around $50,000 in equipment.

Why does it seem like I always have insurance questions?

First, go to your local insurance agent and have them explain exactly what the IM section is designed to cover. It should be a part of your package of coverage. I believe FLIP was designed more for the weekend or smaller operations more to satisfy clients than protect policy holders. All policies like FLIP have builtin stop points as you found.

First, go to your local insurance agent and have them explain exactly what the IM section is designed to cover. It should be a part of your package of coverage. I believe FLIP was designed more for the weekend or smaller operations more to satisfy clients than protect policy holders. All policies like FLIP have builtin stop points as you found.

I'm actually on my way out the door to talk to my local agent. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of agents here don't know much about this type of coverage. My State Farm agent told me they don't do things like that.

I used to stop at the Flying J in Gretna just about every week before I started going to Ohio instead of Wyoming.

I was a American Family agent for 34 years. SF does sell the coverage you need as do most major companies. Like you said, the agent is the problem. Try an independent agency or talk to others in your area about who they use. I had myself insured plus many other local caterers, vendors and food service provider mostly because I learned how to explain things to the underwriters. Good luck!

Back