Prime Briskets Wholesale Los Angeles

Funkydrummer

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey y'all,
I've recently started vending at a local farmer's market and I'm have a tough time finding prime briskets cheaper than Costco. Can anyone hip me to a wholesaler that can beat $3.69/lb? Thanks.

Off topic, but they let you smoke onsite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you checked out Restaurant Depot?

Not sure if you know about them, but it's a membership type place that requires you show them a business license 'cause they are wholesalers. You can also get in with a day pass if you're a KCBS member, but that can be a pain in the butt sometimes when the person at the front doesn't know how it works and it can take a little doing to get in that way.

Anyway - good prices on meat there, but I'm pretty sure they carry CAB, not sure about prime though.

Which farmer's market are you vending at?

To me there was always a difference between meat for vending and catering. I had great luck vending good choice brisket and could buy it for 20% to 30% cheaper than prime will less shrinkage. Also, at the end of the event saving the leftovers for beans didn't hurt so bad. Catering you have a know amount of meat needed and probably very little leftover.

The Costco business center was completely out of prime today and the regular Costco had one (20lb/$80) prime left. What the fark?

Prime in Virginia will cost you $8-$10lb I'm paying $3-4lb for choice here.

Back