American Royal Q&A

Newbie team here coming down from Canada for the first time in KC. I've got a pile of questions, and I'll have more over the next month. Let's start with brisket... Where can I get a few nice big CAB's in KC? Need a reliable source, won't have much time for shopping. Now this is a real long shot - but is there anyone out there that can help a foreigner out and buy 4 now and store them for me until then? Or suggest a shop that will set 4 aside for me until then?
Next: Does Costco carry the nice big Swift (from Colorado) spares that I've been using up here all year? They come 10 to a case, 5 cryos. Averaging about 45 lbs per case. If not, any other suggestions?

Bichelmeyer's704 Cheyenne Avenue Kansas City KS 66105

(913) 342-1444

They are a very respected supply you will also get their information in your packet this year they will hold you order or they will have it on site for you, according to the information I received in the packet

Bichelmeyer's704 Cheyenne Avenue Kansas City KS 66105

(913) 342-1444

They are a very respected supply you will also get their information in your packet this year they will hold you order or they will have it on site for you, according to the information I received in the packet

Good to know. Been wondering about meat myself.

I'm looking to rent an RV... not having much luck. We like to go the private route if possible. Our budget is around $1000.

So it is true that you have to buy your own booze through the supplier provided in the packet? How is this monitored? No problem either way, just curious.

So it is true that you have to buy your own booze through the supplier provided in the packet? How is this monitored? No problem either way, just curious.

You should have NO problem. I've never seen it enforced, or even heard of it.

I'm looking to rent an RV... not having much luck. We like to go the private route if possible. Our budget is around $1000.

With NASCAR, Chiefs and the College head to head football game....it's rough.

Try Olathe Ford RV Center, located in Gardner, KS 800 280-8739 .

Another option MAY be to rent one from the St. Louis area, it's about 3-4 hours away.....

How many bales of straw should I order? I have a 25x40 "D" spot and front a road on both the front and back of the space.

How many bales of straw should I order? I have a 25x40 "D" spot and front a road on both the front and back of the space.

Ryan,
I think it's good to have a few bales around to soak up any wandering messes, but those bails add add up fast. I've seen some teams just run caution tape or a light weight rope across the ends near the aisles. We use construction fence and tack it to 2x4's that have concrete in a 5 gallon bucket. I understand you don't want that load to bring down - but maybe you can think of a lighter weight option to hold up some lines of rope.

Are you renting an RV/trailer or anything? You could always block one end with it.

Okay now what about these wristbands? Each team gets 12 complimentary with their entry, or did I read that wrong? So far I have not ordered any, but will need at least twelve throughout the weekend.

Okay now what about these wristbands? Each team gets 12 complimentary with their entry, or did I read that wrong? So far I have not ordered any, but will need at least twelve throughout the weekend.
Ryan, you'll get 12 wristbands for the open, and 12 for the invitational. That's what they have done in the past. (All are good for the entire weekend)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan,
I think it's good to have a few bales around to soak up any wandering messes, but those bails add add up fast. I've seen some teams just run caution tape or a light weight rope across the ends near the aisles. We use construction fence and tack it to 2x4's that have concrete in a 5 gallon bucket. I understand you don't want that load to bring down - but maybe you can think of a lighter weight option to hold up some lines of rope.

Are you renting an RV/trailer or anything? You could always block one end with it.

You obviously haven't been to Lot B where we don't have booze, vomit and over used porta potties flowing like a river on a Friday night. They can keep that stuff on the Dark Side.

You obviously haven't been to Lot B where we don't have booze, vomit and over used porta potties flowing like a river on a Friday night. They can keep that stuff on the Dark Side.

I'm not following ya.

Back