Meat prices and other things to make you go bankrupt

tcv21

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Meat prices are scheduled to keep going up and I have just decided that its part of the cost of my hobby. I really like Duroc Ribs but either 2 things happen. I find them cheap and shipping is crazy.. or the ribs are expensive and shipping is reasonable. Looking for a good source for them. I have resigned to the fact that Brisket is going to be stupid crazy in price for the long term due to the droughts and popularity of it now. So.. where do you get your meats?

Fortunately, I can find almost everything locally, so I can minimize shipping. One of the few advantages to living in the S.F. Bay Area

I can often get it ordered at Berkeley Bowl, and Smokejumper has a couple of local butcher shops in the Palo Alto area we can almost always get it. Lunardi's in Pleasant Hill used to have a pretty good butcher shop, maybe they can order it in for you.

Thanks, I gotta check it out. I was thinking about checking out Compart, but man that's expensive.

You think meat prices are bad for the backyard? Imagine the restaurant biz. Then again, I'm thankful I work with a Duroc farm here in the middle of pork country. But beef prices can kiss my ass. :mad:

Brisket prices are killing where I'm at. I'm paying just under $4 a pound for prime at Costco.Barely a year and a half ago it was near 2.50 a pound.

I ready yesterday that pork prices have started a to be expected long trend of lowering.

Look at the bright side....we'll all get better at cooking chicken and turkey. :redface:

For food prices in general. I find it hard to believe they will keep going up with the massive drop in gasoline/diesel. Both have dropped over half yet food prices are going up? RIIIIIIGHT. $$$$$$

Brisket prices are killing where I'm at. I'm paying just under $4 a pound for prime at Costco.Barely a year and a half ago it was near 2.50 a pound.

All relative, just came back from Sam's Club in Ocala, Fl where they had briskets for $7.68 per pound:wacko:

Last month, brisket was 5.66 per lb at Costco in St. Louis. Before I left Colorado, it was 6.67 per lb.

I'll still pay maybe right under $5 per pound for brisket. Once it crosses the $5 mark, and I'm done with beef until I REALLY want a steak. I just paid just shy of $4.20 per pound...and I only did that because it was prime at Costco. If it was choice, I would have skipped on it.

I'm totally OK with spares, pulled pork, chicken & turkey until beef prices settle down.

Back