First try at Pig Shots. YUM!

chris1360

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Saw a post on here a few weeks ago about pig shots, and I could not contain myself... had to give it a try. Here is how I did it and of course lots of pics:

I tired to do half pieces of bacon wrapped around the sausage, and it was falling apart on the skewers. So I went to a full piece of bacon. Should have used low sodium bacon, and something other than smoked beef sausage, but it is what i had on hand.

I put some olive oil on the outside of the bacon and coated with a little rub, just butt rub, garlic, and onion.

Now for the stuffing I decided to make my favorite buffalo chicken dip. Boiled up some chicken thighs and chopped as fine as I could by hand.

Now I add 1/2 block of cream cheese, and half a bottle of Franks Red Hots Buffalo. Mix well.

Add some ranch dressing (about a cup), a little more Franks for more heat, some shredded cheese, a little butter and mix it all together until it is like a thick paste.

I used a gallon size zip lock bag with a corner cut off to make a cheapo filling stuffer. Just put all the buffalo dip into the bag, cut the corner, and squeeze the filling into each Pig Shot. Then I topped each shot off with some more cheese and a spinkle of brown sugar.

Into the UDs at 250

Two hours later this is the results:

They were amazing. Not really hard to make, just takes some time, but no longer than making ABT's or MOINKS. Only thing I will change is reduce the total salt amount. Three people other than me tried them and said it was overly salty. I didnt notice it because salt does not bother me. I will go with low sodium bacon, a different rub, and a different sausage next time. Overall a very good treat!

Back