• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turn in box advice

Restless Hog

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I'm asking again. LOL. I am doing my first comp in September, I would like some advice/pointers on turn in boxes. I'm allowed to use lettuce and parsley in my box. I have never built one, and was looking to practice a little before the comp gets here. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

Use Curley leaf parsley and clip the stems good. If your going to use lettuce just use as a base so you don't have to use so parsley you don't really want to see it. Go for the putting green look. There are a lot of pics on other threads.

If you decide to use parsley soak it in cold water and rinse it really good and lightly pat dry. You would not believe how much dirt and grit that stuff holds.

Beat me to it. This is exactly what I do. I'd much rather make them the night before while sitting on the couch or at the dinner table. My wife will usually pitch in and help. One less thing to worry about on comp day. Take some extra parsley along for last minute touch ups.

Now, I'm not smart enough to actually make the parsley boxes beforehand, I just know that there is a way to do it. :wacko:

I used to make a layer of lettuce - just the green leaves cut and shredded up. Now I just use 100% parsley... one less thing to buy, cut and worry about.

make beforehand and use the double flip method. cover builder box with cutting board and flip. cover upside down parsley on cutting board with competition box and flip.

make beforehand and use the double flip method. cover builder box with cutting board and flip. cover upside down parsley on cutting board with competition box and flip.

I never thought about using a cutting board. I just remove the paper towel and move the plastic wrap out of the way and then close the "home box," flip it over (with much dramatic flair) so the parsley is in the lid, then carefully open it and place the bottom of the turn in box over it, and carefully flip again. I feel like using the lid instead of a cutting board gives the parsley less of a chance to spread out and move out of place.

Back