North Texas Brethren Bash Spring 2017 Planning

Hotch

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well as most of you know, it's never to early to start planning the next Brethren Bash. Looking at the old calendar on the wall, April 22, 2017 works for us.

So I was thinking:
Saturday April 22, 2017
Ray Roberts State Park Group Picnic Pavilion 2 (Isle du Bois Unit)
Group Pavilion 2

If that looks good I will get the reservations in.
Your thoughts?

Also works for me. Thanks Hotch!

OK with New Years coming up, if we are to have the Bash at Ray Roberts State Park Group Picnic Pavilion 2 (Isle du Bois Unit) this Spring, I will need to get the deposit in pretty quick.
Does anyone have any other options that you have scouted out? If so lets see what everyone would like to do!!

And go ahead and sign up if you are planning on attending please. The link is in my signature. :mrgreen:

Did smitty ever call that place he wanted to try? North Texas Jellystone or something like that.

Never heard back from Smitty. He was going to look at a couple of locations I thought.
Hopefully he can chime in shortly. :mrgreen:

I had said come January I'd be checking. .:loco:..... I emailed the Jellystone RV Park a few weeks ago and have had no response. Guess I'll call them....... other than them Isle de Boise is Cool.......

I had said come January I'd be checking. .:loco:..... I emailed the Jellystone RV Park a few weeks ago and have had no response. Guess I'll call them....... other than them Isle de Boise is Cool.......
Rodger that, Just let me know if Yogi and BooBoo get back with you.
I'm good with Isle de Boise also. :clap2:
Didn't someone offer up another location?

Rodger that, Just let me know if Yogi and BooBoo get back with you.
I'm good with Isle de Boise also. :clap2:
Didn't someone offer up another location?

At a fellars house so we could have a shooting range.

That right! Oh well, I will give it a week or so.
If nothing better comes up I will call and reserve Isle de Boise!

And HAPPY NEW YEAR guys!!! :mrgreen:

I can't find which thread - his post, offer . He said he had acreage....

GrillsGoneWild

This was his last post on the forum, 10-5-2016 I think:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz
We need to find a gun range or a gun club or one are you Farker's that has some acreage and have a barbecue/gun Bash. Set up a pistol dueling tree while the briskets are smoking......... blast some fruits water bottles shaken soda cans maybe a little tannerite .......:. would have to go with personal range and acreage for the fun stuff

For future Bashes, I have 7.5 acres with half of it wooded that we can shoot pistols and shotguns at targets, plus have plenty of pasture for trailer smokers and concrete barn for other smokers.

He needs to know we also need parking, clean up area, restrooms and shade for 25-40!

OK the Bash is on!! :clap2:
Reservation is paid and we will see you there!! :wave:

Saturday April 22, 2017
Ray Roberts State Park Group Picnic Pavilion 2 (Isle du Bois Unit)
Group Pavilion 2

Time to work on what you will be cooking this Spring! :bounce:

LINK to the Location

Invite your fellow Brethren, families and friends!

Just a thought.
This year I would like to have a lot more of the BBQ Brethren and their families and friends attend our Bash. There is plenty of room.
I know we cook same amazing Q, sides and other food at the Bash that they would enjoy. And we always have plenty to go around.
So if you guys have any ideas on how to get the word out, I'm all ears!!

As you can see I have the link to both the sign up sheet to attend or cook and to this post in my signature. If you want to post them in your signature, please go ahead and do so. I also have them in my sig line on the EggHead forum. There are quite a few Brethren in the N Texas, S Arkansas, S Oklahoma and N Louisiana areas. If you know someone, please send them an invite.

And anyone who wants to come out enjoy some great BBQ Brethren fellowship and Q, whether cooking or not, close by or not, yes you are more than welcome to N Texas Brethren Bash of Spring 2017!!

Just let us know by putting your name and head count on the sign-up sheet in my signature line please!! :mrgreen:

Shelly and I are working on our menus for our EggFest cooks coming up this Spring and with that also for the N Texas Spring Bash!
I have not decided yet if I am bringing the deep fryer, my MiniMAX BGE or both! :mrgreen:

Back