Leg quarters and contry style ribs

wtxsmoker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
OK my local market has 10# bag of leg quarters on sale for $3.90 and country style ribs on sale for $1.29#.

I am firing up my assassin this morning and going to pick up the legs quarters and maybe 5# or so of the CS ribs.

Half the ribs done with SPG and half done with a brown sugar based rub and glazed.

Give me a couple of suggestions for the chicken. Maybe half sweet and half with some good heat.

However you decide to do your chicken.....I would recommend rubbing both with Plowboys Yardbird....good stuff!

However you decide to do your chicken.....I would recommend rubbing both with Plowboys Yardbird....good stuff!

Yes! Half with Yardbird and half with Yardbird and cayenne.

Yardbird

Funny everyone said yard bird. That is what I used. I used a rub that a man with a BBQ joint in Farwell, TX gave me It have brown sugar and some chili powder. It is excellent for pork.

I'll post some pick when it gets done. Main objective today is to get the assassin pit seasoned up a little better. Cooking with RO Lump and hickory chunks. So I'm cooking the cheapest think I could find. Most likely give some to my neighbors.

I was using yard bird when Todd was mailing it out in empty mac & cheese boxes. Never been disappointing.

Back