Drippings in sauce?

mcease

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Anyone use bacon or other drippings in their sauce? I have been working on perfecting my sauce and have been trying different ingredients. I saw one that called for bacon drippings - I am making my sauce for ribs, so would this be necessary since there is a lot of nice pork taste in the ribs already? Also, would this decrease the shelf life? I haven' tried it yet, but just wondering if anyone uses drippings from bacon, ribs, brisket, etc. as an ingredient in their sauce and what it does to the flavour profile.

For comps we cut our sauce 50/50 with the dripping from the brisket and brush it on the slices, this is pretty standard practice I believe.

For general use I don't put any drippings in my sauces.

For comps we cut our sauce 50/50 with the dripping from the brisket and brush it on the slices, this is pretty standard practice I believe.

For general use I don't put any drippings in my sauces.

Do you compete in Mobile or Pensacola in March.:clap2:

I freeze my leftover drippings and add my leftover brisket drippings or beef stock into sauce. My pork dripping I add to beans.

I use bacon grease in my vinegar mop sauce. It does seem to amplify the porkiness of ribs or shoulder.

I usually use only this sauce. If I feel the need to make a KC style, I use this as a base and add the tomato/sugar products. I usually freeze the leftover sauce so I don't know about shelf life. I've kept leftovers with the leftover meat for several days in the fridge and never noticed much off.

Back