Midwest city, ok

Not sure what you mean? Two Oklahoma teams made it down to the finals. The bottom score was 665+ I have seen GC with that number. It's not like anyone had a bad cook at one of the toughest regions to get thru. I know some teams might be disappointed but sometimes it's your day and sometimes it's not.... By the way Oklahoma teams took 5 of the top 10 places in Fayetteville this weekend including the top 3 :thumb:

I'm saying the guys I normally cook with had a rough weekend. Any time butcher,Clark crew,3 woodys,dr nordy, cavemen, Texas car be cue are in the bottom half thats says something about the judging.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 177
I'm saying the guys I normally cook with had a rough weekend. Any time butcher,Clark crew,3 woodys,dr nordy, cavemen, Texas car be cue are in the bottom half thats says something about the judging.

Why would that be saying something about the judging?

Top 4 I have competed against and lost to more than once, and combined I bet the top 10 have numerous GC's. And Shake N Bake is 5th in KCBS right now if I am not mistaken and they got RGC. Fellow Brethren Jaestar got GC, are you questioning that. Jason is a hell of a cook.

I have no issue you questioning what happened to the teams you know, for the record I know several of them too, but I guess it bothers me to make a statement saying that because the teams you know are in bottom half there was a judging issue. Keep in mind this was a Regional, meaning EVERY one of these teams qualified to be there not just the ones you know.

Y'all are way to quick to make something out of nothing. By saying that says something about judging I ment that most of this region cooks with a lot of the same products and they didn't like it. šŸ˜€

I'm happy for the guys that made it. I know squeal like a pig stomped us all out in Lubbock. I'm not trying to say the guys that made it didn't deserve it. I was just saying my area got killed.

I'm happy for the guys that made it. I know squeal like a pig stomped us all out in Lubbock. I'm not trying to say the guys that made it didn't deserve it. I was just saying my area got killed.

Fair enough I just read the comment "saying something about the judging" and would have been honored to have lost to many of those teams. In my defense to many contests lately I have heard comments about judging when one of the "favored" teams dont do well so that is how I took it. I was wrong.

We had a great cook at Midwest city, OK.....I felt like I turned in the best 4 products that I was capable of....just to get to the second round of Sam's in our first year was an honor...We have no complaints, concerns or excuses about the judging or anything about that comp...we were simply OUT COOKED!....congrats to everyone that made it through to Bentonville next week....#ICP

Rick Davis Texas-Car-B-Que

As always it was a stacked field. This region is TOUGH.

I had reasonable cook. Chicken deserved the 27th place it got. The other three I was happy with. Sometimes the judges agree... sometimes they don't. That's just part of BBQ. Honestly, there wasn't a single score on my card that I could really have a complaint about. No doubt it was a relatively high scoring contest, but all of them in this area are. Bottom line.. .I wasn't one of the top 10 cooks that day. I'm ok with that. Congrats to everyone moving on to Bentonville!

See you all at the Royal!

Jeff
Dr. Nordy's BBQ

I hope that you guys didn't have any judges that had a average score of 21 judging like we did in Marietta Georgia Sams Club regional contest. You know I am man enough to accept what it is but I also have a right to question it too. It's a two way street meaning don't jump on someone about their comments about judging and then just say it's just bbq. I have a great compassion and excitement for this thing we call competition bbq I want it to be the best that it can be. That requires an open mind and the willing ability to consider and have a desire to listen to ideas sometimes different than yours.

As a somewhat new team that doesn't cook as often as many others this event was an unbelievable experience. We liked everything we cooked, just not good enough against this level of competition. It gives us the motivation to keep working. And hey to hear our named called in ribs was pretty damn awesome.

Back