WSM or UDS pellet conversion

stingray240cs

Reaction score
I have a Traeger Jr that I have listed on Craigslist, but I've been thinking that maybe it would be more fun to take the hopper off and use it on a 22" WSM or maybe build a UDS. I know that may be a sin around here to do that to those great smokers, but I just thought it might be interesting to try. Let me know if you have done it and/or your thoughts on it. THanks!

Jeremy

I have a Pellet Pro conversion for my WSM 22 but I don't have any pictures of it on my phone. It maintains temperature from top to bottom with an empty and foiled grease pan. It still has the pellet smoke flavoring. It does make my WSM quite tall with that extra section on it. It is nice that if my pellet part quits working when I am trying to gear up for a big cook, I just pull it off and use charcoal.

I've had the Pellet Pro 22" WSM Conversion from Smoke Daddy for a few years and it works fantastic!

I recently cut up a 22" Weber kettle and added the Pellet Pro hopper to it and mounted it in a modified Weber Genesis frame.

I'll have to get some newer pics, but I've added Durawood slats on the side table that lifts off to fill the hopper and upgrade to the new PID controller.

I'm hoping to find a WSM lid in the near future and add it as well. Take a look at my facebook album page for the build and cook pics-it has tackled everything I've thrown at it!

Thanks for the pics and details guys! Very nice and creative work! I have a friend that has a brand new WSM, but he doesn't cook outside so I may see if I can snag that from him at a good price. I'll check smoke daddy for their expansion kit. Thanks!
Jeremy

I decided to get creative and try building a smoker out of a fridge. I've seen some really creative builds out there and thought I would give it a shot. I'm going to be using a Traulsen Refrigerator. I think it's about 6'5" tall, 30" wide and deep. I'm picking it up on Friday. That height will probably drop quite a bit since I'm probably going to cut the top off where the compressor sits. Hopefully I'l be able to clean up the cuts I make when I'm done. I'm also going to have to remove the foam inside as it won't handle much over 200-250 degrees. This isn't the actual picture, but it's basically identical to it. Wish me luck, thanks!

Traulsen.jpg

Back