• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A rotisserie for BGE XL, does it exist?

To add a little clarification on the changes - on a different forum the main guy from Kamado Joe talked about the problem. Nothing major and it won't effect how well it fits other kamados that are the same sizes as the KJ Big Joe or KJ Classic:

"However we are a little concerned about the seal we will get with the new hinge that is being introduced next year. With our new hinge once you open the dome to an angle of 10 degrees the dome has no weight to help you create a good seal. Therefore we intend to make a tooling change (on both the Classic and Big Joe) to extend the inside wall of the JoeTisserie by 3-4mm so that the air would have to flow up and around / over this inside wall. "

I got my hands on one not knowing if it would fit the XL BGE but the vendor only had two left so I took a chance. It showed up today and fits fine. It seals on the front and back by about half the gasket so I suspect it will be good to go. If the weather gets better this weekend I'll test it out and report back.

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 105
Yep, heard that the gasket material they provide is to fill in any gaps that may exist.

Yep, heard that the gasket material they provide is to fill in any gaps that may exist.

I did not open the rest of the box incase I needed to sell it and did not notice the extra gasket in the order. Thanks for the heads up.

Egger's stole the design from Weber and added a lid hinge extension? :shock:

Home made rotisserie

I saw these a couple of years ago and as I’m in the UK I didn’t think I would have much chance of getting one so I made my own, not as well engineered as the Joe but it works really well and its adjustable to fit, when I use it I do have some pieces of fire blanket that I use as a seal. It wouldn’t take to much to adapt this to fit others.

It’s made from two lengths of 4” wide sheet metal , shaped so the fit inside the classic Joe, bolted together the bolt holes are elongated to allow for any adjustment to make sure I have a good tight fit, and three shaped wedges that the lid sits on you can see how the motor is fitted on the photo’s

The outside surface is a bit rusty but will clean up very easily when I use it again.

Bge xl

I got my hands on one not knowing if it would fit the XL BGE but the vendor only had two left so I took a chance. It showed up today and fits fine. It seals on the front and back by about half the gasket so I suspect it will be good to go. If the weather gets better this weekend I'll test it out and report back.

OH man...SO great to hear they are out and they fit the BGE XL!!!

I read on another thread, that some KJ owners were having problems with them....but nice to see it works with the BGE XL like I have....

Might I ask where you got yours from?

I've been scouring sites, and most only list the regular Joetisserie, not the "Big Joetisserie".

I usually order my stuff off Amazon, as a little hesitant to order from sites I'm not familiar with, but I want one of these SOOO badly!!

How long did it take to arrive?

If ya'll could give me links to trusted sites on the forum, I'd been much better about ordering one immediately!!!

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

I have one for sale... bought about a year ago and used twice. Returned the Kamado for hinge failure, and now I'm left with a Kamado Joe BigJoetiserrie. $225 shipped. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Back