"Pork Loin & Tenderloin" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through July 10th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is..."Pork Loin & Tenderloin"

Grilled%20Pork%20Loin%20Sliced_zpsigjw1viz.jpg

As chosen by Fatback Joe for winning the "Tubesteak Boogie" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Fatback Joe said:
Let's do pork loin! You could keep it whole, chops, stuffed, etc., AND, tenderloin is included!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/23 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 7/10/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 7/10/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I'll be watching this one, since I'm always looking for a different way to give flavor to the less flavorful parts of the pig, since my wife wants to avoid the fat.

Last edited:
OK THAT's A WRAP!

Ha ha just kidding, I just happened to buy the Costco Tenderloins, so
I'll give it a whirl......some stiff competition for sure!!

Please disregard this. Newer entry posted in a separate reply...

I'm playing with postimage.org for pictures so I figures I would put this here until I come up with something better :-D

Naturiffic Peppery Lime Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Scape Chimichurri

The tenderloin was seasoned with Naturiffic Peppery Lime seasoning from SirPorkaLot and grilled to 140 (I was shooting for 135, but got busy :-D ) and resting. I also grilled some cauliflower and took a leftover baked potato, sliced it and pan fried the slices until they were getting crispy.

IMG_9753.jpg

Last edited:
Official Entry

Hello kids its been awhile.

We spent the week at the cabin and had a chance to use all the "grills".

We made some smoked chops early in the week but I didn't even know about this throwdown (stupid me)

We also made some ribs

And Some Chicken

then some tenderloins showed up for the party marinated in this stuff.

Use this photo please

I started out with the best intentions of entering this with a serious cook, but the rain started and I rushed through getting things done with just a couple of shots of the tenderloins. Plus I wanted to use DropShots for the first time.The uncut show is my official entry. Too bad I'm not trying for my first zero. P.S. The one on the left is my standard pork rub, and the one on the right is course SPOG.

133639.jpg

132933.jpg

Please accept this (plated photo) as my official Pork Loin TD entry. A boneless pork loin seasoned with SPG and crusted with Italian bread crumbs, served with steamed asparagus and sour cream & chive mashed potatoes, garnished with dried apricots. It was one of my most amazing cooks (kudos from the wife was worth it).

Attachments

• Plated and awesome.jpg
    Plated and awesome.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 421
  • Loin cooked and sliced.jpg
    Loin cooked and sliced.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
This is my new entry...

Jerked Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa on a bed of Coconut Rice and Peas with Grilled Plantains

The Jerk marinade is from a recipe posted by Brother Phrasty quite a while ago (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36577) and is excellent!

First I gathered the ingredients for the marinade...

IMG_9794.jpg

I tossed it all into my blender...

IMG_9795.jpg

I added a little olive oil and gave it a good whirl...

IMG_9796.jpg

And poured it over the tenderloins in a zipper bag...

IMG_9797.jpg

After spreading the marinade all over the meat it went into the fridge for a few hours.

As dinner time approached I heated up the grill and grilled the tenderloins to 140 internal temp.

IMG_9803.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

For the plantains I peeled and quartered them and seasoned them with a grill rub that I picked up in the USVI and cooked them along with some bell peppers and onions until tender. The rice and peas was whole grain brown rice cooked in coconut milk and water with some black eyed peas and seasoned with garlic, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.

Final plating (and my entry picture)...

IMG_9806.jpg

This did not suck, mon! :becky:

Back