Looking at a LSG offset

titan7

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I cook for just my wife and I, at most 8 people a couple times times per year.

Looking at the 20x40 or 24x40. Anyone run one of these

I would go 24 just in case even though you dont cook for a lot of people. Rather have the space if need be than not. The price difference is minimal as well. The vertical offset are worth checking out too.

Chris and Amber have been a pleasure to deal with. My vertical 24×30 offset from LSG is in transit and I will post a thorough review soon.

Good luck!

You're obviously not too far from me. Shipping to my door cost me less than $500 total. Not bad at all. On average to CA Ive noticed $500-600 from LSG. Cheaper if it goes to a business witha forklift or dock.

Breakdown to give you an idea:

$283 freight
$45 residential delivery fee
$150 crating and insurance

LSG makes great cookers. Maybe the 24"? My personal litmus test for cooker size is if it will accomodate one or more full sized service pans (foil or stainless) in addition to whatever I'm cooking; never know when you need to heat up beans or mac-n-cheese. I allow 13"x22" for a standard pan.

I have their 24 x 48 offset. It is great, built VERY well, tight and cooks great. I had them do a single door instead of two and upgraded to the 1/2" steel on the f/b. Highly recommend them.

Did you install a counter weight? Any photos? I was thinking single door also. Not sure if a insulated firebox is needed in southern ca. In the dead of winter at 3am it will only get down to the low 40s. That's waaaaayyyyyyy too cold for me to be outside

I may have to give the vertical offset another look. Seems like a more efficient design. Anyone cook on these?

Did you install a counter weight? Any photos? I was thinking single door also. Not sure if a insulated firebox is needed in southern ca. In the dead of winter at 3am it will only get down to the low 40s. That's waaaaayyyyyyy too cold for me to be outside

I didn't do a cwt, no need.

I may have to give the vertical offset another look. Seems like a more efficient design. Anyone cook on these?

Quite few own them and are very happy with them. At first I had my mind set on a horizontal offset then paying attn to some of the advantages of the vertical I changed my mind. More real estate, small footprint, great draft are a few that come to mind. Apparently verticals (especially 24×24) are the best selling offset at LSG. I added the oven on mine and the possibilities with it are endless.

Here's a vid of the oven/warmer box

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGhSn4UkQ_k&list=UUC3mS8tAu608BBglkR_8lBw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGhSn4UkQ_k&list=UUC3mS8tAu608BBglkR_8lBw[/ame]

I would go with the 24". You can't go wrong with LSG. I have a much bigger version than what you're looking at but it cooks amazing either way. Customer service is phenomenal as well. Order now!!

Highly recommend the LSG Vertical Offset! Fantastic craftsmanship and big bang for the buck!! I ordered the 24x30 with warming oven and upgraded the firebox to 1/2 firebox.

lsgvertical2.JPG

lsgvertical1.JPG

Very nice. What's the temp spread between top and bottom racks? Looks like a better design than the pipe smokers, just without the classic look.

I love my Lonestar... Definitely the 24 - the pan size use is nice and convenient.

Quite few own them and are very happy with them. At first I had my mind set on a horizontal offset then paying attn to some of the advantages of the vertical I changed my mind. More real estate, small footprint, great draft are a few that come to mind. Apparently verticals (especially 24×24) are the best selling offset at LSG. I added the oven on mine and the possibilities with it are endless.

Here's a vid of the oven/warmer box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGhSn4UkQ_k&list=UUC3mS8tAu608BBglkR_8lBw

Highly recommend the LSG Vertical Offset! Fantastic craftsmanship and big bang for the buck!! I ordered the 24x30 with warming oven and upgraded the firebox to 1/2 firebox.

View attachment 103203

View attachment 103204
The vertical is what I have as well and after cooking on it I wouldn't ever go back to the horizontal design.:wink:
Aside from the fact that the vertical design is more efficient (better draft and heat distribution), the 24 X 24 vertical with 6 slide outs will have several times the cooking capacity of the horizontal of comparable size and cost less! My 24 X 30 cabinet has 6 - 23 X 29 slide outs and they'll each hold two to three briskets! I HIGHLY recommend the vertical offset.:grin:

Very nice. What's the temp spread between top and bottom racks? Looks like a better design than the pipe smokers, just without the classic look.
The only time I notice a big difference between the top and bottom temps is in the winter months with windy conditions. In the warmer months of the year the temps are almost identical from top to bottom and from left to right once the tuning plates are set.:grin:

Back