What's Better or Does It Matter

Mike Twangzer

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Separate the wings into pieces or cooking them whole ? I usually separate them but I'm getting lazy...

I just buy them separated, drumettes and flats, no tips :wink:

Thanks. I may not be looking in the right place but some of the stuff I've seem packaged doesn't look as good as the "fresher" wings.

I prefer cooking them whole, lately I've been cutting off the tips prior to cooking but more times than not I just leave them on there.

Thanks. I may not be looking in the right place but some of the stuff I've seem packaged doesn't look as good as the "fresher" wings.
My grocer has them right next to all the rest of thee fresh chicken parts...maybe ask your meat counter guy if he has them.

I don't do wings a lot, but when I do I cut off the tips and cook them in one piece. Of course, I'm only feeding 4 for a football game and have never seen wings already separated at the store.

hmm

I am new here but if I could make a recommendation... I have this recipe where I brine my wings/drummies overnight in a garlic powder,onion powder,blackpepper, tony chachere's, cumin, and chilli powder - boil up the mix, put it in the fridge to cool then add your chicken.. Next day put them in the smoker about 2.5 hours prior to lunch or dinner and the kicker.. after 2.5 on the smoker at 225 start your grill on high next to the smoker, once it is at high heat throw them all on the grill for a few mins, flipping them and it will crisp up the skin almost to a fried texture. Keep water near by for flame up pull them off and serve immediately - your friends will love you. :mod:

I cut off the tips, annoying and inedible. I believe they cook better in one piece, but, eat better in two pieces. I go with one piece normally

It seems like if we fry them I always split them. On the grill, I leave them whole. Not sure why... But I do always cut off the tip.

OK ... so there's a compromise ... only 1/2 the work .... zip the tips .... and cook ... Thanks all I'm for half the work ...

Cook them whole, the wing tip makes a great wing holder while eating the wing.

Back