Pulling my gasser out of retirement - Ribeye's & Squash

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys, So I haven't touched my gasser since I purchased my smokers. Today I had to dig it out of a pile of crap. First words out of my mouth when I opened it was "Ewwwwww" It needed cleaned! So I spent the morning cleaning the grates with fire, soap&water. Finally got this thing fired up for steaks and squash!

Nice looking ribeyes, about 1 - 2 inches thick.

IMG_1410_zpsajy5khki.jpg

Getting some nice searing action going!
IMG_1414_zpsamgrnmlm.jpg

Squash!!
IMG_1415_zpsfkfpx4qx.jpg

I prefer my steaks Just like this, I would guess it is more medium than anything

IMG_1417_zpsyh1g7qqa.jpg

Can't believe its been almost ONE year since I've actually "grilled" food!

BTW My steak was rubbed with Oak Ridge Carne Crosta and the missus was rubbed with Beef and Pork Comp!

thanks for looking!

Looks delicious!

Looks like our generic variety of yellow squash to me. Did you name it before slicing or is that just "weird?" :shock::roll::tsk:

Looks perfectly cooked from here. I too like my steaks cooked closer to medium nowadays :thumb:

Dang :-D. Looks awesome. I still need to get a gasser just to have one again. Sometimes I just want something super quick and easy. Off to craigslist :becky:

Gasser or not...

I'll take a plate please! Except I prefer my squash charred please!

Beautiful!!!

Hell yeh, Never had grilled Squash tho, what is the Name of the Squash?

Looks delicious!

Looks like our generic variety of yellow squash to me. Did you name it before slicing or is that just "weird?" :shock::roll::tsk:

Here its just called Yellow summer squash. Straight neck. They have a crooked neck also. Same thing just different shape. Oh, It was delicious! I thought it wouldn't be very good. I seasoned it with Oak Ridge Santa Maria.

Dang :-D. Looks awesome. I still need to get a gasser just to have one again. Sometimes I just want something super quick and easy. Off to craigslist :becky:

I bought this gasser to replace a hand me down my uncle gave me. Couldn't find the correct parts for that one after it rusted out and fell apart. It's a charbroil Infrared grill from walmart, I loved it.

Works great, but I started using it to make BBQ with ribs, and other things with indirect heat and wood chips. Decided it was a pain and wanted to buy a smoker. From that point on I bought the black stone griddle decided I had no use for the gasser.

Today has made me realize how foolish I was! Glad I cleaned it up. I want to use it for reheating ribs! That was the spark that light the fire under my arse to clean it up!

Just like I told you. Gassers have their place in the well rounded cook's arsenal. I don't use mine all that much but it's ready when I am with a twist of a knob and the push of a button. I especially love to cook meals for folks who think charcoal is the only way to grill when they aren't there to see the cook. I let them eat the food and listen to them spout about charcoal. When they are finished I tell them I did the whole cook on my gasser. They don't believe me until I take them out and show them the cold kettle.

Your steaks and squash look excellent. I like my grilled squash cut length ways. It tastes the same of course but it is much easier to cook.

Just like I told you. Gassers have their place in the well rounded cook's arsenal. I don't use mine all that much but it's ready when I am with a twist of a knob and the push of a button. I especially love to cook meals for folks who think charcoal is the only way to grill when they aren't there to see the cook. I let them eat the food and listen to them spout about charcoal. When they are finished I tell them I did the whole cook on my gasser. They don't believe me until I take them out and show them the cold kettle.

Your steaks and squash look excellent. I like my grilled squash cut length ways. It tastes the same of course but it is much easier to cook.

"With propane You Taste the Meat not the heat" - Hank Hill!

Haha.... Tasted like a grilled steak to me! Can't tell the difference.

Thanks for the tip on squash. I'll have to try cutting them long ways. I only cut mine into rounds because that's how we normally fry squash. Been doing it since I was a little kid.

I was going to reverse sear the steak but I realized I didn't have enough time for that. Not sure how long it would take to reach 125-130 with indirect heat. I'll have to try that sometime when I have extra time.

Flames licking the food rock. I used my gasser for hamburgers over lunch. Now it's the KAMADO for dinner. Why have all these cookers if they don't have their place :grin:

It's amazing what one can produce with a little gas, great job.

Flames licking the food rock. I used my gasser for hamburgers over lunch. Now it's the KAMADO for dinner. Why have all these cookers if they don't have their place :grin:

I guess your right! I'm stepping my game up by cooking on multiple cookers on a regular basis! Gasser now has a place that doesn't have a bunch of junk piled on top of it :thumb:

Great looking steak. Got some squash coming on in the garden. Hope to grill some myself in a week or 2. Looks good

Now I'm wishing I grew squash this year! Last year I purchased squash plants but they turned out to be Butter nut squash and not the Yellow summer squash. I didn't fill my garden this year. I still have a decent open space.

Now I'm wishing I grew squash this year! Last year I purchased squash plants but they turned out to be Butter nut squash and not the Yellow summer squash. I didn't fill my garden this year. I still have a decent open space.

Brandon it's in no way too late to plant yellow summer squash or zucchinis. They grow fast and produce really well in the hottest part of the summer. We have been known to plant some in late July and August.

Back