• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

RD Ripoff

akoda

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Watch RD, second time I bought butts and didn't get the sale price advertised. I didn't realize till I got home, ~$20 bill for this purchase.

Was the advertised price for case lots? A lot of their meat pricing differs if you buy one or two vs. a whole case.

Sale was on all, but I bought 105#'s so I met the limit. They gave me the discount for quantity which was still higher than the 1.29/ sale price.
The manager just forgets to set the computer when it scans. I went back last time and they gave me cash back, just don't have time this time.

Sale was on all, but I bought 105#'s so I met the limit. They gave me the discount for quantity which was still higher than the 1.29/ sale price.
The manager just forgets to set the computer when it scans. I went back last time and they gave me cash back, just don't have time this time.

That's no reason to call out RD as a whole. A personal issue you're experiencing with your specific location does not make RD a bad business.

Nothing to see here folks, continue going to RD except maybe OP's specific location.

Yep, I agree, Ripoff was too strong a word. This will not stop me from buying and shopping there. Just when I see sale price I will make sure I get that at the register, it's happened at any other store as well.

That's no reason to call out RD as a whole. A personal issue you're experiencing with your specific location does not make RD a bad business.

Nothing to see here folks, continue going to RD except maybe OP's specific location.

I can understand being pissed, they did not do their job well and it cost you some dough. I'm sure they will make it right if you get the time to roll by soon. Hopefully it is not too far outnof the way.

Sale flyer has prices June 1 through June 16 on most meat deals. If you bought today then a day late???

I have been shopping at the Dallas RD for many years and I ALWAYS watch what they ring up because the cashiers rarely pay attention to what they are scanning.

I thought I had them ring me wrong too....didn't notice until I was home....but amount only added up to a couple of dollars and not worth the hassle...chalked it up to me remembering the price wrong.

When I was buying 100# of skinless bellies every month, I had to watch carefully when and how they got rung up. 75% of the time it was wrong and had to have a manager void and re-ring the bellies. It got to where I started asking the checker to check the price of the bacon before ringing the purchases up. Most of the time the price needed adjustment, and oftentimes I would remove the pricing tag on the shelf to take with me to the checkout line to prove the pricing was wrong in the computer.
Think how many times this was done a day, a month, a year and those little 2-3 dollar mistakes can add up to big money for the store if people didn't watch like a hawk?

Watch RD, second time I bought butts and didn't get the sale price advertised. I didn't realize till I got home, ~$20 bill for this purchase.

when you called & spoke to the manager about it, what did he tell you?

Back